Registry and Gift Forum

Bose sound system

We were thinking of registering for the Bose New Wave System on Amazon.com which is $499 to replace my early 1990's boombox.  Do you think this is too expensive of a gift to put on a registry or should we just buy this ourselves with wedding money?  We will have a small registry as it is since we are combining households, and my fiance is really hoping to get this!  What do you think?  Thanks.

Re: Bose sound system

• Eh, some people might side-eye it, but it's a good gift for people to go in on as a group.  If someone thinks it's too pricey, they'll buy something or give you cash.  I think as long you've hit all the other price points, you'll be fine.

Good choice, my parents have had a Wave for over 5 years.  It's a great sound system.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've seen much more expensive items than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not saying it's not a lot, but at this point I'm not surprised anymore. I've seen items up to $1,200 (and no...I, nor my friends, are rich people lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I dont think this would be a bad thing to register for, but consider your group. Would they think that it is too pricey and that you are being gift-graby? If so, I wouldnt put it on there and just buy it w/wedding money after the wedding.
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • does amazon give a completion discount after the wedding? (i didnt register at amazon so i dont know) but if they do, this is a reason to maybe keep it on.
  • I'd side eye it.  But we didn't put anything over $200 on our registry.  I knew people wouldn't spend that much and I didn't want to come across as greedy.  Maybe it is different in other circles, but for mine, a $499 gift is too much for one item.  (Like sets of cookware might cost that much, but that's like 10-13 peices, so that's a little different).
  • It is a little pricey, but a few people might surprise you.  One guest (boss of my FI) bought all our pots/pans- like over 500.00 that were all listed seperatly- so I was shocked.  

Also, if there is a completion discount involved, i add it :)  
  • I say put it on there!!! You may have a bunch of say your co-workers who will go together and get it.  You can also casually mention how much you would love to get it and hope for the best. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards