Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF

I flame me.  It's 3am; I am awake....and yes, I am watching the wedding on TV.  I am ashamed of myself.

That being said... I totally want people to wear hats to mine now.  These things are aweeeeesome :P

I also flame all that bad  service our knotties have faced lately.  Don't these vendors know how special you ladies are?  Pff @ them

Re: FFF

• edited December 2011
    I'm up at 5:30 just because my sleep schedule's wacky right now, and I am pleasantly surprised to be able to catch the wedding. Love, love, love her dress!

Sorry, I'm doing it wrong, but I don't have much to flame. Except maybe the fact that FI was kidnapped for his bach party at 6 pm last night and I haven't heard a peep from him since? Haha, one of his friends has texted me a couple of times, so I know they're all good.
  • edited December 2011

I am wathcing the wedding too so gorgeous!

I flame dishonest greedy people.  We went to an early screening of fast five and I had my cell phone on the chair next to me.  The movie was over we get up to leave and I left my phone. I dont even get out of the theater when I realize so I go back and my phone is gone.  Someone stole it and turned it off.  Uggh all my contacts and pictures are going to be lost!

• edited December 2011
    Aw, Bobbileigh, that's awful.

I had something similar in a Walgreens a few years ago -- it was literally abandoned (on a shelf while I was reaching for something) for less than four minutes before I went back for it. All the store clerks swore they saw me walking out of the store, talking on my phone. WTF? I knew they were lying about that, but I couldn't prove it.

They were able to still retrieve my contacts somehow for my new phone (at Verizon), thank goodness.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:826021a3-4b4b-4846-b858-7170beab83de">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Bobbileigh, that's awful. I had something similar in a Walgreens a few years ago -- it was literally abandoned (on a shelf while I was reaching for something) for less than four minutes before I went back for it. All the store clerks swore they saw me walking out of the store, talking on my phone. WTF? I knew they were lying about that, but I couldn't prove it.<strong> They were able to still retrieve my contacts somehow for my new phone (at Verizon),</strong> thank goodness.
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

I have found many phones and I always turn them in, really I have my own why do I need yours.

I have verizon so you just gave me a little hope! 
  • edited December 2011
    Exactly. I remember the guy at Verizon telling me he'd shut off all power to my phone anyway, and that he could tell no calls had been made from it since I lost it. And mine was an olllllld, basic flip phone. Maybe the pieces are valuable? The phone certainly wasn't worth stealing.

Def. call Verizon when they open and ask about your contacts and pics. I didn't take pics with that phone, so it never came up about the pictures. 
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bobbileigh that really sucks, I am so sorry about your phone.  I'm like you -- I always turn that stuff in because why would I want/need it?  But there are a lot of people who won't and will sell it or the parts.

I think everyone knows my flame for the day :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I flame the ridiculously long line at security at DFW. :(
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Kendall - We can wear hats if you wish.. you like how I did that?

BL- that sucks!! I had this happen to me a couple months ago in the grocery store. It's so annoying and I lost my pictures too. They were all WR stuff.

I want to flame AA for canceling FI's flight to Vegas for his bachelor party. Hopefully he got the early morning flight out and can enjoy himself.
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame TLC for having thier "weekly emergency broadcast test" during the wedding. Really?! Luckily it only lasterd about a minute.
  • edited December 2011
    I flame myself for not having more of my diy projects done for the wedding.  With a little over 3 months to go I guess I better get on the ball.
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:026594f1-36f7-40f1-837e-9da8f1a40d8e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame myself for not having more of my diy projects done for the wedding.  With a little over 3 months to go I guess I better get on the ball.
    Posted by angiehascandles[/QUOTE]

With about 24 hours left to go, I need to get on the ball too. Haha. I still have a couple of errands to run today, have to finish packing, have to print out all the wedding-day directions.

And, where the heck is my FI? They told me they'd deliver him back from his bach party "tomorrow morning" but I'd hoped they meant at like 2 a.m., bar closing time. No word so far...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:31aab765-c7ee-4837-87eb-70c30afac0bf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : With about 24 hours left to go, I need to get on the ball too. Haha. I still have a couple of errands to run today, have to finish packing, have to print out all the wedding-day directions. And, where the heck is my FI? They told me they'd deliver him back from his bach party "tomorrow morning" but I'd hoped they meant at like 2 a.m., bar closing time. No word so far...
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

They are recreating the Hang Over!
  • edited December 2011
    Bobbileigh- That sucks!  I'm really sorry! :-(

I flame the stupid lady at the social security office who cut in front of everyone who had been waiting outside way longer than her!  Seriously, just wait your freaking turn!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I think I will keep my flame to myself this week. 

I did not watch the royal wedding but we did dvr it.  I will be watching it when i get home from school. :)
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:35ba0dd1-1244-496f-b405-426c17c7b5ff">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> think I will keep my flame to myself this week.</strong>  I did not watch the royal wedding but we did dvr it.  I will be watching it when i get home from school. :)
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

Come on you know this is not allowed!!

I flame how slow it is today.
  • edited December 2011
    Kendall - glad to know I was not the only one up at 3:00am watching the wedding.  I actually did not even really care about it until yesterday.  Some of you guys were not even alive for Prince Charles and Diana's wedding--I was--and I missed that one.  So, I guess I felt obligated to watch this one.

BobbieLeigh - that sucks.  I "lost" my phone a while back and AT & T was able to get back all of my contacts without having the sim card.

My flame is to Chase Bank.  You already send me at least one letter a day for a credit card and now you are calling me EVERY day to refinance my home.  What's in it for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SBSmith0219SBSmith0219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think everyone also knows my big flame for this week since my big mouth could not wait till friday to tell it :)

I flame my dog Tucker for being so freaking cute that all I want to do all day is snuggle with him....maybe not really a flame, but it really is getting in the way of me getting things done :)

BL: I am so sorry girl! This happened to me many moons ago at blockbuster, when the pink razors were popular. I waas gone for less that 5 minutes and my phone was long gone. I really hope they are able to get your contacts back for you.

Kendall- I would love to wear those hats, if it was acceptable here like it is there I would wear them....well I would only wear the ones that actually look like hats, some of those things look crazy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:35ba0dd1-1244-496f-b405-426c17c7b5ff">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think I will keep my flame to myself this week.  </strong>I did not watch the royal wedding but we did dvr it.  I will be watching it when i get home from school. :)

Not allowed!
  • edited December 2011
    haha ok ok....It has been bugging me but I didn't want to make a big thing out of it.

I flame a certain someone calling my wedding "cheap" last friday.  It truly hurt my feelings.  I am paying for my wedding myself and have worked hard and exhausted my research abilities to plan a wedding that I could afford and that will allow my guests to have a great time.  It really hurt that someone who doesn't even know where I am coming from would stoop that low just to argue their point with me.  I considered leaving TK because of it!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:6dd94061-a0aa-45b0-a896-3e0b134751f9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Not allowed!
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Thank you! lol

I flame people who haven't sent in RSVPs!! Come on people you know you are coming.. Just send it. You know who you are! j/k
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:ffa6005d-a1a2-457c-b516-65853ec9a305">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha ok ok....It has been bugging me but I didn't want to make a big thing out of it. <strong>I flame a certain someone calling my wedding "cheap" last friday.  It truly hurt my feelings.</strong>  I am paying for my wedding myself and have worked hard and exhausted my research abilities to plan a wedding that I could afford and that will allow my guests to have a great time. <strong> It really hurt that someone who doesn't even know where I am coming from would stoop that low just to argue their point with me.  I considered leaving TK because of it!</strong>

I'm sorry you had that experience.  :(  I've had some like that myself that it truly sucks.  It doesn't make it right but I just try to ignore that crap and move forward, and days like yesterday with my photog thing make me remember why I do stick around. Everyone here was soooo supportive and helpful, and even when he came on here y'all had my back. There are a lot of good people here and I hope that this doesn't happen to you again. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:96499cbb-3a03-4c2a-8646-fb289d9f97a8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Thank you! lol I flame people who haven't sent in RSVPs!! Come on people you know you are coming.. Just send it. You know who you are! j/k
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

Crap.
  • edited December 2011
    Jordan - Don't worry! You're wedding is not cheap! That person doesn't know you, your wedding or your life. Don't you dare leave us for something some girl on the internet said.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Deepthi and Angelsong!  I really appreciate the kind words!  I really value the advice I get on here and the friendship and comraderie (sp?) I have found here.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:ffa6005d-a1a2-457c-b516-65853ec9a305">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha ok ok....It has been bugging me but I didn't want to make a big thing out of it. I flame a certain someone calling my wedding "cheap" last friday.  It truly hurt my feelings.  I am paying for my wedding myself and have worked hard and exhausted my research abilities to plan a wedding that I could afford and that will allow my guests to have a great time.  It really hurt that someone who doesn't even know where I am coming from would stoop that low just to argue their point with me.  I considered leaving TK because of it!
    I didn't call you cheap.  I said that you should not flame vendors who won't come down on their prices because they value their craft. 
    And this is why I don't come here too much any more.
  • edited December 2011

From your post:
    "You can't be cheap and then flame people for valuing their work. " 

This is why I didn't want to share my flame.  Because people would think I was starting drama. 
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:750a64e8-7f29-4441-a6a3-91caa395b588">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]From your post: "You can't be cheap and then flame people for valuing their work. "  This is why I didn't want to share my flame.  <strong>Because people would think I was starting drama. </strong>
    I don't think you're starting drama and I'm the one you're flaming.  And I stick by my defense that you can't expect people who produce beautiful work to make it fit your budget if they don't want to.  That's their decision just like it's your decision to find someone you feel you can work with.  If you're mad that they won't use $1 cake mixes from the store, then you should try to find someone who does and is willing to do all that work for the amount of money you're willing to pay.  The same thing is going to apply to buying a house, a car, etc.  People don't owe you anything. 
  • edited December 2011
    I dont' think it's drama. I think it's a misunderstanding with a touch of peronal preferences. I understood Julie point in the thread and I don't think she meant to call you personally cheap. I think I got an amazing "deal" on my photographer. Sometimes you pay for the "name" of the business just as much as the service. But that is the value they put on it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-57?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ced0b7ae-4d89-4781-b132-7be19fbd6af5Post:750a64e8-7f29-4441-a6a3-91caa395b588">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]From your post: "You can't be cheap and then flame people for valuing their work. "  This is why I didn't want to share my flame.  Because people would think I was starting drama. 

I don't think she was calling your wedding cheap, just your actions/complaint about the photographer. Like you were acting cheap and complaining that their prices were so high. That doesn't mean your wedding is cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think that I clarified my point because I was too taken aback at her comment.  (Or how I read it).

What I meant from my post was simply that the end product was the same.  It is the same ingredients that go into a cake, you get pictures from a photographer, you get music from a DJ.  I never said that I was "mad" about it.  I get it.  I know you are paying for experience.  When you look at the big picture it just seems a little silly and maybe a tad bit maddening that certain vendors cost thousands more than their counterpart.  My post was intended to be light hearted. 

I am sorry if I offended you Julie with my post. I feel as though you may have taken my post way too seriously when I really just meant for my post to be a little silly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards