Registry and Gift Forum

Coffee Machine

Hi,

I would really like to register for one of those single serve coffee machines.  Does anyone have a reccomendation on what brand to register for? 

Thanks,
Vicky

Re: Coffee Machine

• Love the Keurig, but I haven't tried any of the others. 
    DSC_9275
  • I have a Keurig - the one that you have to fill with water each time.  My brother and SIL have the Keurig that has the attached water tank, and that's really nice for people who basically drink coffee EVERY day and don't want to have to fill up the water reservoir each time, but I don't mind having to fill up the  water each time.  At least I know the water is fresh!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • i've used a tassimo and a keurig and i like the keurig coffee better!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great.  Thanks so much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_coffee-machine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:95e7da9d-4ef5-4a3b-a9b1-e58283d972c4Post:dc27b330-aaba-4ea1-9d41-93d60d705194">Re: Coffee Machine</a>:
    [QUOTE]i've used a tassimo and a keurig and i like the keurig coffee better!!
    Posted by MCRM22011[/QUOTE]

I have as well and I agree...
  • I have the Cuisinart version of the Keurig.  Its servings range from 4oz. to 12 oz. and there's an iced coffee setting. I never use it because you just fill a glass with ice and then brew the cover over the ice.  Here's more info:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=466882&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

It is pricey, but it often goes on sale for $199.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It depends what kind of coffee you prefer. Keurigs just make flavored coffee/tea, but the Tassimo makes mochas and cappucinos, which I prefer. I read reviews online and the Tassimo seemed to get better reviews overall. I think it's really an individual preference thing.
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • I prefer the Tassimo, because we like the option of having espresso, lattes, and cappuccino.  I've had good and bad coffee on both Keurig and Tassimo, it just depends on the brand/type you like to drink.  I think you can find coffee that you'd enjoy on either machine. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We LOVE our Keurig! We also bought the milk frother/steamer so we can make real lattes & cappucinos.
  • Thanks so much.
  • I have a Keurig and I really like it! I just wish I had a model that made larger cups. To fill my travel mugs I have to either run it twice on the smallest size. I don't like to waste the K-cups so I usually use the same one twice and I think that makes the coffee weaker :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_coffee-machine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:95e7da9d-4ef5-4a3b-a9b1-e58283d972c4Post:78c421f8-46f3-488a-b18a-3a02e7b6abdd">Re: Coffee Machine</a>:
    [QUOTE]We LOVE our Keurig! We also bought the milk frother/steamer so we can make real lattes & cappucinos.
    Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

Does the Keurig make espresso?  It didn't when I was looking at them, but it's been a while since I checked it out.  I used to do the same thing with a French press and a milk frother, and if the Keurig makes espresso I think that's a pretty good solution and not that much more work than making lattes/cappucinos on the Tassimo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just got the Keurig for my bridal shower and LOVE it!!!
  • Ditto PP's on the Keurig, I'm the only one who drinks coffee so we have the mini one that you fill up each time.  I also got the reusable filter so that I can use my favorite coffee and not be so wasteful with the little k-cups.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I have the Keurig with the tank on it and I love it. I don't use it all the time but it's very quick and easy to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards