Registry and Gift Forum

Crystal

If you registered for crystal, what did you choose? I'm having a hard time with this. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crystal

• edited January 2012
    We didn't register for it, but we might be getting crystal as a belated wedding gift from my ILs.  DH doesn't like the look of cut crystal.  I don't think I really mind, especially since we have the Riedel sets (we registered for the buy 6/get 8 for red and white) which are plain, but DH is the one that really wanted fine china and crystal.  

We also found it difficult to choose.  We found some that we liked, but then we saw it in person, and the glasses were huge.  We liked several of the Orrefors patterns, so we may end up with something from that brand.  
  • I have the same Riedel sets on my registry. And a decanter, but I can't decide on anything else. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only crystal we registered for was a vase.  We did get it though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We haven't registered for any because I picked out what I wanted and my parents bought me all of the red and white wine glasses, water glasses, and champagne glasses. So there was no need to register. But we chose the Waterford Araglin Platinum Crystal. It is absolutely gorgeous.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • We registered for these (PIP), they are Lenox Embrace, and we only got the white wine glasses because the reds seemed giant.

• I don't know if they're really considered crystal, but we registered for tea and wine goblets from the same line as our china, Mikasa French Countryside.
  • edited January 2012
    We picked Marquis by Waterford.  It is a lower-cost crystal.  I liked that it wasn't so expensive that I would be afraid to use it, and if it broke I would be able to replace it. 

Also, I thought it was pretty. 

http://www1.macys.com/search/results.ognc?sortOption=*&Keyword=marquis&resultsPerPage=24&Action=sd&attrs=Brand:Brand:Marquis+by+Waterford
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I picked a Lenox pattern as well, can't remember the name of it off the top of my head I think it's something like "Firelight" but it had a few facets cut in where the glass and stem join and a platinum band at the top.  The crystal was so pretty I wanted to get something nice to go with my china :-) and I chose this pattern after seeing the prices on some of the others and remarking to fiance, "No way am I registering for a 60 dollar wine glass, I would feel too bad if I broke one!"
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • We're registered for Vera Wang Duchesse crystal at Macy's- red and white wine glasses, double old fashioneds, beverages, high balls, champagne flutes, cordial glasses, ice bucket. I think it's a really simple, but pretty, cut for the crystal. It's hard to see in the picture, but they're really sparkly in person. There are vases that match as well, but we aren't registered for them.

• I like Vera Wang "Duchesse," Lenox "Firelight," and I'm obsessed with Waterford "Lismore Essence."  We're registering for Lismore Essence.  Be warned: it's a very popular pattern, and it's extremely expensive as a result.  We don't expect to get any of it, but we're hoping that somebody might get us a pair of something to start our collection.  We'll complete it over our marriage.

Araglin is nice but it's not my favorite - it's a little more square, and I prefer something with slightly sharper angles.

I suggest going to a department store and spending some serious time looking at the various patterns.  Pictures online don't really do cut crystal justice.

Something else to think about - you really only NEED wine and water glasses, but red vs. white wine glasses are nice, as are champagne flutes and iced tea glasses.  It can add up though, pretty quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_crystal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:97e95f42-bc0e-471e-9b23-d99684844c00Post:918e5616-9b2c-4c29-93a8-9900015b6881">Re: Crystal</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't registered for any because I picked out what I wanted and my parents bought me all of the red and white wine glasses, water glasses, and champagne glasses. So there was no need to register. <strong>But we chose the Waterford Araglin Platinum Crystal. It is absolutely gorgeous.
    </strong>Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

We chose the same ones! And you're right; they are gorgeous! I hope we get them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards