Registry and Gift Forum

To stalk or not to stalk...that is the question

Okay, so my first bridal shower is in less than a week and I cannot stop registry stalking!  I'm just way too excited about everything :-)  Anyway, FI's sister got married about a year and a half ago and she didn't registry stalk at all!  Are you guys stalking or not?

Re: To stalk or not to stalk...that is the question

• I did until I ruined my first shower. It was horrible. I knew everything I was getting, and had to act surprised. It was like ruining Christmas. I have another shower Sunday and am not stalking this time, and I am way more excited about it this time...
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • We registered for those things, so it's not like it would be a huge surprise anyway. Also, we don't know who bought what. I don't think it ruins the shower at all.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • I started stalking after we got our first gift as a holiday present.  Nothing was purchased for quite awhile, so I lost interest, but I guess the shower invites went out (it's moderately a surprise) because suddenly lots of things have been purchased and now my interest is peeked! Last week I vowed not to look for a week, and it's been so hard but I'm doing well! Last night two packages arrived at my house, and I was GIDDY with excitement.  It proved that even though I knew what I registered for, and could probably deduce what it was since I had stalked the registry so often, I was still super and exited and surprised.  You don't know exactly what it is or who it came from, so it's still fun!
  • Sometimes I feel like I might be obsessing about what's on my registry. I spend hours picking just the right item and reading all the reviews. I don't feel like seeing what is "fulfilled" will ruin a shower or anything, I already knew what was on the registry. I don't check it constantly to see if anyone has purchased anything. In fact last night FI called and said we'd received silverware from my Aunt and Uncle and I had no idea that it was coming.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • I stalk at least once a day but I just look at the number of items that have been purchased and am trying to not peek at what those items are but it is very very difficult.
    Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally have been. My shower is at 3 tomorrow and only 12 things have been purchased...I'm disappointed.
  • I totally stalk mine.  My excuse is that if I don't, I can't get my thank you notes ready to send out, especially with my FI on the other side of the country.

Lame I know, but it's just so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely stalk!!!!
    I don't have a good excuse and I don't stress about it...but I love checking up on it! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1 5/5/2011, EDD 1/12/2012

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My BFP Chart:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards