Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Buying a gift from Macy's registry

I was trying to buy a gift on Macy.com wedding registry and ship it to their house. The couple decided to "go green" and does not want any wrapping to be done. Because of this reason, I couln't write a personal note saying who this is from. How will the couple know who the gift is from once they receive it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Buying a gift from Macy's registry

• Options
    Couples can look up who gave what on the website. However, I received a small appliance as a gift from Macy's that wasn't wrapped but included a short note. I'm not sure which option the giver chose.
  • Options
    You can still add a gift note and make the price hidden without having a gift wrapped.  I've purchased (and received) gifts from Macy's with that. 
  • Options
    My daughter received gifts from Macy's and there was a note from the company indicating who sent the gift.
  • Options
    There should stil be an option to include a note. I got a good deal of gifts from Macy's with a small note, but no wrapping. 
  • Options
    It wouldnt let me put in a note... I kept getting error messages that said the gift note was not available with that item. I got frustrated and just ordered it without a note. I hope macy's parking slip will include our name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine came with packing slips as well that said who they were from so you should be ok.  And like PP said there's also a thank-you note manager on the registry so people can see who a gift came from if it doesn't say or the packing ship goes missing. 
  • Options
    The packing slip will have the name & under your registry manager, Macy's automatically keeps track of who ordered what. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If the gift is not shipped through Macy's (for example, my Le Creuset items were shipped from their headquarters and not Macy's) then I think it will not have any gift options (and not list the buyer on the receipt). Still, because it was bought through Macy's I (the registrant/bride) was able to identify the gift giver by going to my thank-you list. It did take wuite a while for me to find the thank you list though. Also, as a gift buyer make sure the name you give to Macy's is easily identified with you. We had gifts with the names of "plus ones" and it took a lot of effort to come up with all the guests associated with the gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards