Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Bridesmaid's gifts..sort of

Just a quick question: Am I obligated to pay for my girls' hair for the wedding? So far I'm handling the jewelry, manis/pedis, and their special gift. Money is getting tight! Feedback/ideas?...I appreciate it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid's gifts..sort of

• Options

If you are requiring professional hair, then yes, you pay.  If they just need to show up and can have their hair how they like, then no, you don't pay.

Also, it is generally not considered a "gift" when you are just paying for things that you are requiring for the wedding - pro hair, pro mani/pedi, jewelry they must wear.  If you require them, it's not a gift.  Most brides recommend shopping for your girls like it's their birthday.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If it's important to you that their hair be professionally done and you are running out of money you could cut the mani/pedis and the jewelry.  Let them wear their nails however they like and wear whatever jewelry they like - nobody is going to notice if it matches.  But you could also just not require professional hair.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    All of the things you listed are things you must pay for if you require them and they should be considered a wedding expense, not a gift.  If they have the option of whether to get those things, you aren't obligated to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards