Registry and Gift Forum
Options

THis may sound bad...but

THis may sound really shallow but I cant help it anymore.  My shower is not this weekend but the next and I am noticing that no one is buying anything off my registry.  I don't expect everything to be purchased....any ideas??  I know this is bad to be asking but I am sure there are some other registry stalkers out there who have had the same experience.

Re: THis may sound bad...but

• Options
    I wouldn't worry just yet.  I bet a lot of people will go shopping this weekend.  I know when I go to showers I don't shop too far in advance.
  • Options
    As awesome as it is to get gifts you can never expect them.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. People do buy gifts last minute. Also, some people might not buy off the registry at all.

• Options
    My shower is a week from Sunday as well and almost everything bought off our registry we got for Christmas or received as a wedding gift already, meaning there are maybe 2 or 3 gifts for the actual shower purchased already.

It will be okay!  People won't show up empty-handed.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    They may be waiting until the last minute or giving something that's not on the registry.
  • Options
    Lots of people buy things right before the shower so I wouldn't be concerned.  I'm sure you'll get lots of things off your registry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    One note, at least at the Macy's near me - they have close their giftwrap counter so if anyone is waiting REALLY last minute (like on the way to the wedding or shower) and expect to buy something and have it wrapped at the store, they will be out of luck.
  • Options
    I am guilty of going the day before or the morning of to buy gifts.
  • Options
    people i know don't buy things off the registry they find the same exact thing at a different store for a cheaper price, like instead of buying that $75 pot from BBB they go get the same one for $60 from Target so it will stil be on the registry
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    They also may not have brought the registry checklist to the cashier to remove it.  I had a friend who registered for her baby shower at Target, then her family took the list and bought all comparable items at Walmart since they were against Target for some reason.
  • Options
    Honestly, your message makes me feel a bit better. My shower is in two weeks and only one item has been purchased from our registry. I was beginning to worry that no one was even coming to the shower or something! (my bridesmaids are keeping me in the dark about who's RSVP'd and such which is fine, I like the aspect of surprise) I felt the same way, worried that I sounded shallow (or am shallow). I guess everyone is just procrastinating :) 
    I hope your shower goes well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards