Registry and Gift Forum

Thank You Note Service

Hi Brides!

I am writing to get some feedback from current brides-to-be. I am thinking of starting my own service/company geared towards busy brides and/or brides who are overwhelmed at the idea of writing their own thank you notes. Essentially, my service would allow brides to provide me with a list of gifts, their personal stationary, and their mailing list, and I will persoanlize and hand write each thank you note with a heartfelt touch. Would this be anything any of you would be interested in? If so, what would you pay for such a service? I would create a website with samples of thank you notes (similar to calligraphy samples).

Your honest feedback is appreciated!!

Re: Thank You Note Service

• I would not use that service and would seriously judge anyone that would.  While brides and grooms may be overwhelmed, their guests have taken the time (and money) to get the gift - it isn't very hard to reciprocate.

Also, I think a good number of guests would notice that the handwriting is not that of their friend/family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I responded on the invitations board, but I'll reiterate here.

If a bride is too lazy to write thank you cards, she doesn't deserve gifts.
  • How tacky! 

No.  If a couple is too lazy to write their own thank you notes, they don't deserve any gifts.  It's a really simple thing to show their appreciation for the gifts.  Hiring someone to do it is really pathetic.
  • I would seriously judge anyone who did that.  Even if they were handwritten and had a personal touch, if it's not from the couple themselves, then it's not worth squat.

Also, writing Thank You notes is not hard.  If any bride is overwhelmed at that, that's pathetic.  If each the bride and groom write ten a night, they're done in a week at the most.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Well, aside from the fact that you shouldn't be advertising on TK in the first place....

I'd be really hurt and a tad upset if I found that I gave to a couple generously and they couldn't be bothered to write a note.  It isn't "We're so busy," that the notes can't get done.  It's "We chose not to make the time," that they weren't accomplished.
  • Honest opinion, your idea is awful.  Sorry.  No sugar coating.  It sucks.  And any bride who even thinks of using your service is absolutely pathetic.
  • I responded on the invitation board, but you can't possibly put a real personal touch on these.
    imageimageimage
  • A personal touch from someone who didn't receive and will never use the actual gift, and who wasn't even at the wedding, and whom the guest doesn't even know, is not worth squat.

There is absolutely nothing good about this idea, sorry.  If someone is so overwhelmed they can't write a thank you note to the people who love them, they 1) don't deserve the gift and 2) should have felt too overwhelmed to have a wedding in the first place, thus eliminating the stress of writing thank you notes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Tacky, tacky, tacky.  I concur that if a bride or anyone else is too busy or whatever to sit down and write thank you notes, they deserve nothing for a gift.  Common courtesy and manners has gone by the wayside enough already, this would just help it further along. 
    Crosswalk
  • That is just horrible. A personal touch has no value unless its someone the recipient knows personally. The bagger at the grocery store puts a personal touch on my groceries, but I could care less which one of them puts my food in bags.

The point of writing a Thank You note is to personally thank someone for giving you a gift. If someone else writes the note, then its just like getting a random advertisement in the mail. The recipient should thank the giver, not some impersonal intermediary.

FWIW, this also applies to those brides and shower hosts that think its ok to have guests address their own Thank You notes. If you can't spend one minute writing a note, then you don't deserve a gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This is an awful idea. I would judge girls who hire your services. This is just wrong. The whole point of a TY note is that the B&G write them because because they're thankful. You're totally letting them cop out. I;m sorry, but there's NO excuse for a bride or groom to not write their own TY's. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I will have an intern at work write all of my thank you notes. That is more personnel since I know the intern.
    Please note I am being sarcastic.
  • i don't see how the notes would be personal since you don't actually know the person the note is being written to or their past history/relationship. sorry but it is a bad business idea.
  • sounds like there is a bit of hesitation, but franklly having preaddressed cards would be great, just not the sentiment with the thank you.
  • Terrible idea.  No thank you is better than a canned thank you from a stranger that was hired.

Honestly, if a couple can't spit out thank you notes, they have serious time management issues.
  • In all honesty I would be horrified to use a service like this.  I wouldn't mind hiring someone to organize my thank you note list (if I was having a 500-600 person wedding and numerous showers that could come in handy)....but the actual writing of thank you notes should be done by the person who received the gift and no one else. 

This to me is tacky tacky....just like asking people for cash, house registries, HM registries, registry info in the wedding invitations, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards