Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Can I tell people to buy Christmas Gifts off my registries?

My family and friends are asking what I want for Christmas. What I really want is china. Up until now, I've only had plastic plates and hand me down causal wear, and registering for china made me happy. I also inherited my grandmother's china cabinet which is beautiful, but sadly, I have nothing to put in it. It breaks my heart to see it so empty. And the other stuff on the registeries, I want too. But mostly the china.

Is it ok to tell people to look at my registeries for Christmas presents?

Re: Can I tell people to buy Christmas Gifts off my registries?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_can-i-tell-people-to-buy-christmas-gifts-off-my-registries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:cad347c5-0e47-48de-97a4-f418f2a939d4Post:656f71a7-1179-4869-b564-cf7a2c6220e3">Can I tell people to buy Christmas Gifts off my registries?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My family and friends are asking what I want for Christmas. What I really want is china. Up until now, I've only had plastic plates and hand me down causal wear, and registering for china made me happy. I also inherited my grandmother's china cabinet which is beautiful, but sadly, I have nothing to put in it. It breaks my heart to see it so empty. And the other stuff on the registeries, I want too. But mostly the china. Is it ok to tell people to look at my registeries for Christmas presents?
    Posted by AimeeRab[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If your family and friends know that your registry is set up, they may already look to your registry as a clue for your Christmas presents. Without even suggesting it to people, we received a few gifts from ours last Christmas and it was a fun surprise because they chose a few things that we really wanted. </div><div>
    </div><div>If your friends and family specifically ask you what you'd like, I think it's okay etiquette wise to point them in the direction of your registry. Or have your parents spread the word that you'd really love some of the china you registered for Christmas. 

</div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks! So far I've got a waffle maker! I have to stop checking it so I can be suprised come Christmas.
  • Options
    I've even used DD's registry for Christmas presents after the wedding.  That way I could fill in what they didn't get.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_can-i-tell-people-to-buy-christmas-gifts-off-my-registries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:cad347c5-0e47-48de-97a4-f418f2a939d4Post:942cb9f8-00d0-47ad-a4d7-aef37919b5ec">Re: Can I tell people to buy Christmas Gifts off my registries?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! So far I've got a waffle maker! I have to stop checking it so I can be suprised come Christmas.
    Posted by AimeeRab[/QUOTE]

<div>Be sure to check your registry after Christmas though. I don't know when you set yours up or how many items you have on your list, but some things will go out of stock and/or be discontinued. You shouldn't have to worry about this for your china most likely but possibly for other things. It happened to a few of our items and it was a little frustrating, but for most of them we were able to pick a similar item that was comparable to the original. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I think it's fine to tell people if they ask what you would like for Christmas to shop off the registry but I wouldn't go around annoucing it.  I received some presents for my birthday off the registry--my favorite being our magarita glasses with a bottle of tequila and margarita mix!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards