Registry and Gift Forum

SimpleRegistry.com

Has anyone used SimpleRegistry.com?  Any feedback, pros, cons, good service, etc.?  We are considering this for a honeymoon registry, seems to have the lowest fees while still providing flexibility (guests can use credit cards, not just required to have a PayPal account, and we can pay the fees instead of them).  I'd really appreciate any experience feedback before we jump in! Thanks!

Re: SimpleRegistry.com

• Why would you be okay letting the company keep some of your gift money in fees when a guest can write you a check or give you cash and you can keep the whole amount? I don't get it.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• If people want to give you a cash gift, they will put cash/check in a card. Pretty simple, right?

Your guests don't need some gimmicky website that charges fees to collect their money. 
  • I thought about using a different honeymoon registry but came to the same conclusion as the other posters, I just don't want to give any of my money to some website when people who want to give me cash can just give me cash or write a check and neither one of us gets charged a fee.
  • Easiest way to get cash WITHOUT paying fees or offending your guests:

Don't create a registry.  When people can't find your registry online or in common stores, and they want to give you a present, they'll call you, or your mom, or your FI's mom and say "Hey, I was looking for jrrogers07's registry and I can't find it -where are they registered?"  You or the moms will then reply "Oh, jrrogers07 and her FI are fortunate enough to have everything they need as far as housewares go.  They're saving up for a honeymoon/house/car/trip to Mars/whatever."  BOOM.  Hint dropped, without paying fees to some crappy website or offending people.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Worked well for us. I think our guests appreciated giving a gift toward something. Most of our registered items were local activities (concerts) and items (painting, custom table, etc.). We were featured on their site too!

http://www.simpleregistry.com/wedding/realmembers/registries/
  • @knotporscha zombie thread form 2012

not to mention oddly vendorish…
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards