Registry and Gift Forum

Fiestaware - What Colors to Get?

I have always wanted Fiestaware as casual dinnerware. I want all one solid color with matching serving ware in another color. Fiance wants all different colors since that's what Fiestaware is all about. What colors should we put on our registry so they are coordinating?? And how many sets should we register for?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fiestaware - What Colors to Get?

• I would recommend picking maybe 2-3 coordinating colors. Maybe one color for dinner plates and mugs, another for salad plates and bowls, and a third color for serving pieces?  That way there is cohesion, but you still get to have different colors.
    DSC_9275
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    We're doing marigold, tangerine, cobalt, and scarlet - 4 place settings of each - and then serving pieces primarily in marigold and scarlet.  We love that combination, and it's nice because we have a lot of primary colors in our apartment, but we tend to entertain in the fall, so that pop of orange will really work seasonally.

It's completely up to you, but I would echo what PP said: we wanted to be able to set a small table of all one color, or expand for a more festive look if we had guests over.  I recommend 16 place settings if you have a dish washer - most people can fit between 8-12 place settings in the dishwasher, and that way you won't run out.  I recommend 12 if you handwash, because that's pretty standard.

EDIT: forgot to mention - if red goes with your home decor, I recommend making that one of your colors.  Most major holidays have red associated with it - christmas, thanksgiving, fourth of july, even valentines day - so it's usually really festive.  Also, my mother has 6 colors, and it never fails to make me smile when I open her cupboard and see a rainbow.  It's very cheery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_fiestaware-what-colors-to-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:d20396b3-a0dc-4dce-991e-00eb00c8f8d4Post:ed04d2ad-19ae-4d38-b3e7-86ee3b99288e">Re: Fiestaware - What Colors to Get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing marigold, tangerine, cobalt, and scarlet - 4 place settings of each - and then serving pieces primarily in <strong>marigold and scarlet</strong>.  We love that combination, and it's nice because we have a lot of primary colors in our apartment, but we tend to entertain in the fall, so that pop of orange will really work seasonally.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

Your colors sound really pretty! And those are great colors for the serving pieces - they are supposed to be the most appetite - inducing colors. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_fiestaware-what-colors-to-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:d20396b3-a0dc-4dce-991e-00eb00c8f8d4Post:f4964dd5-e0fa-421c-ad1e-ceda2d145938">Re: Fiestaware - What Colors to Get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fiestaware - What Colors to Get? : Your colors sound really pretty! And those are great colors for the serving pieces - they are supposed to be the most appetite - inducing colors. 
    Posted by derksenriley[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!  We love it - the marigold goes well with nearly every color they sell, so that's why we picked it... and we thought the red would work well for holiday entertaining.  We found that most of the really rich table linens etc. from williams sonoma and other place were more gold than yellow, so that's why we ultimately went with marigold, but it was a tough choice between marigold and sunflower!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not one to ask, I guess, because I have 8 settings in 8 different colors.

• I did all cobalt. It's beautiful, but I'm boring. Wink
  • jennnejjennnej member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for all your suggestions! I love the idea of getting 4 place settings of one color and get 4 different colors. It just so happen that red is my favorite color, so that would go well during holiday. Now I (I mean we) just need to decide what other colors we want. That's the thing, Fiestaware are so much fun that I can't decide!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_fiestaware-what-colors-to-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:d20396b3-a0dc-4dce-991e-00eb00c8f8d4Post:23d0c88b-56d8-450d-95e4-20d4636c0409">Re: Fiestaware - What Colors to Get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all your suggestions! I love the idea of getting 4 place settings of one color and get 4 different colors. It just so happen that red is my favorite color, so that would go well during holiday. Now I (I mean we) just need to decide what other colors we want. That's the thing, Fiestaware are so much fun that I can't decide!
    Posted by jennnej[/QUOTE]

<div>It took us a long time to decide too.  Think about what colors appear in your kitchen/eating area, and then which colors blend well with that scheme, even if they aren't in the rest of your decor.  I think you should also hold up the serving piece color(s) to the 3 other colors you choose and make sure you get serving pieces that blends well with all of them.  Like I love cobalt, but if I had cobalt serving pieces and set a table with cobalt and tangerine, that would make it looks like I'm a fan of a particular football team down here and would completely alienate most of the people I know.  It's silly, but true.  And if I did cobalt serving pieces with red dishes then it looks like the fourth of july, even if it's not.  I think you should pick your dishes first and then get serving pieces in the color that blends the best with all the other ones.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also want to register for fiesta but have no idea what colors to choose, I want to do 12 place setting- 3 different colors. My kitchen is very neutral colored so I can pretty much do whatever- I like the idea of doing scarlet since it can be used for most holidays, not sure on the other colors! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • When we were going to register for fiestaware, we were going to do all white dishes with cobalt bowls and serving platters, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_fiestaware-what-colors-to-get?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:d20396b3-a0dc-4dce-991e-00eb00c8f8d4Post:a3630792-4cf9-4520-ae43-fd784b15a3ca">Re: Fiestaware - What Colors to Get?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I'm sorry that I have a great set of china.  I adore Fiestaware, but it wasn't available at any area stores back when I got married for the first time. (Widowed once, divorced once prior).
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>My mother is the same way.  She looked at it for about 15 years before my dad got it for her for xmas, and she claims she's never going back, lol - so far no scratches or anything, and they've had it for about 9 months and use it every day!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have 12 place settings in 3 different colors: white, turquoise, and scarlet.  I also have shamrock in a few pieces that I use at Christmas with the white and scarlet.  Like PP said, have fun with it!
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My fiance's oldest sister is going with a blue, green, and yellow theme. So I would say you can do different colors, but have them themed, like red, yellow and brown or purple, blue, and green. Fiestaware has like two shades of each color, so that would give you 6 colors to work with. 
  • We registered for 16 place settings, in 4 colors (4 of each). We chose Shamrock, Marigold, Scarlet, and Peacock. So far, I've gotten the Peacock and it looks great!
  • We registered for 10 sets, in 10 different colors. My fiance grew up with Fiestaware and loves it.  My favorite number is 10, which is why we went with the 10 sets.  His parents have multiple colors, which is why we decided to go that route too.  A whole rainbow of colors.  Should be fun to look at and eat off of for years to come.
    Anniversary
  • When a new color comes out, I buy a place setting it it.  (unless its a color I don't like!)  So, I have probably 20 different colors. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards