Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Timeframe on not adding anymore items to registry

We registered at the end of January for my March 30th shower.  (Shower is earlier than usual due to traveling BMs from OOT for Easter weekend) We didn't find a decent china pattern we liked when we originally registered, but the other day I found a nice Lenox set. I added some place settings and a few serving items to the registry.  I wasn't really thinking about the possibility of that not being okay until after I got done at the store and walked out thinking; "Was that proper of me to do?"
  • Did any of you ladies find yourself adding gifts to your registry either before or after the shower?
  • I don't plan on going hectic here and every time I go to the store saying, "Oh, let's add that to the registry!" Just more curious as to if I'm feeling guilty for no reason. =/ Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Timeframe on not adding anymore items to registry

• Options
    You can add stuff to the registry whenever you like.  You may even need to add stuff because people will start to buy and then your guests may have less choices.  No need to feel guilty.  You can add after the shower too...I live in the South are gifts are more commonly given at the wedding too, so I've finished my showers and still occasionally add things to the registry!  
    photo Isbell-232_zpsdaf64dd5.jpg
  • Options
    Don't worry about it.  You're allowed to add/delete/update things from your registry right on up to the wedding--and you should, too.  Sometimes people buy things and they aren't shown as being bought on the registry--so you need to manually update it.  Sometimes items get discontinued and then you need to update some more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_timeframe-on-not-adding-anymore-items-to-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:da158671-dd7c-4499-9f13-f015f49a8c2dPost:596dd5ac-2303-463f-89a4-b1c535915758">Re: Timeframe on not adding anymore items to registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can add stuff to the registry whenever you like.  You may even need to add stuff because people will start to buy and then your guests may have less choices.  No need to feel guilty.  You can add after the shower too...I live in the South are gifts are more commonly given at the wedding too, so I've finished my showers and still occasionally add things to the registry!  
    Posted by Lauren+Aaron[/QUOTE]

Okay, good! See, my Macys registry is already about 60% bought for, and I wasn't sure if I should just leave it as is, or maybe see if there were other things more towards the wedding that we may like, so that guests have the option to buy us a gift from it. I just didn't want it to look like I'm being gift grabby or something, if people check it every now and then and are regularly seeing updated versions every time. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_timeframe-on-not-adding-anymore-items-to-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:da158671-dd7c-4499-9f13-f015f49a8c2dPost:cba69f23-a8c6-4b6a-af04-4277f1424c67">Re: Timeframe on not adding anymore items to registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Timeframe on not adding anymore items to registry : Okay, good! See, my Macys registry is already about 60% bought for, and I wasn't sure if I should just leave it as is, or maybe see if there were other things more towards the wedding that we may like, so that guests have the option to buy us a gift from it. I just didn't want it to look like I'm being gift grabby or something, if people check it every now and then and are regularly seeing updated versions every time. =)
    Posted by teachmegs1[/QUOTE]

<div>It's fine to keep adding if needed.  We added soup bowls in our china pattern yesterday, because we now have all the place settings, and there are a LOT of guests who still haven't shopped.  If we get the bowls, great - if not, whatever.  I don't think most people are super aware of changes to a registry, as long as the entire thing doesn't look different when they check back.  I also think most people don't check back after they have purchased a gift.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were married in January and I added things all the way until last week when Bed Bath and Beyond had their completion event. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards