Registry and Gift Forum
Options

How do I spread the word of our registry?

We didn't list anything about our registry in our invitations. I'm not really sure what to do about the situation. I don't want to demand money, but we are trying to raise funds for our honeymoon to Paris. We don't expect thousands, or even hundreds, but I don't really know what to do.
I did create a honeyfund but I'd feel weird sending people emails about it.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: How do I spread the word of our registry?

• Options
    Word of mouth.  If people ask, you can tell them, and also let your parents and/or wedding party know, because people will probably ask them.

I would be wary of the honeyfund, just because they usually have associated surcharges and people find them tacky in some circles.  If someone asks where you're registered, you can say "We have a registry at X store, but are saving for our honeymoon in Paris as well!"  They'll get it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Good on you for not adding registry info on your invitations.

Make sure your families and bridal parties know.  People will want to give presents, and they will ask around.

If you do have a wedding website, have some registry info there.
    murrayed
  • Options
    I agree with Brie. Word of mouth works best in this situation. Also, using your wedding website for registry info is a good tool. Just don't post that you are looking for money on the front page.

I'm not a fan of honeymoon registries. Besides the tacky-ness issue, they take a percentage of the money given and that's pretty lame.
  • Options
    thank goodness you didn't put the registry info in the invite! but it is definitely fine to list your registries on your wedding website. i put a little business card-size card in our invites with our wedding website. hopefully people will look there!
  • Options
    If you have a wedding website, that would be a good place to list the info.  And then word of mouth by your family, and wedding party, but only if they are asked. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You don't necessarily spread the word. People will ask you, your parents, or your wedding party.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    If people want to know, they'll ask.  Have your mother/whoever say "they didn't make a real registry, but they are saving for their trip to Paris."
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! All of your advice helped out a lot!!! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards