Registry and Gift Forum

what is the website that allows you to have guests pay for your honeymoon?

i had read awhile back about this website, where you can plan your honeymoon, and then have guests purchase your hotel, your flight, etc. as a wedding present instead of bringing a gift.

as i have many family members that will be unable to attend, i  thought it would be a wonderful idea to have my fiance and i use this website as a way for my relatives to still purchase a gift, without having to worry about shipping.

however, i cannot remember the name of this site. does anybody know what it is called?

Re: what is the website that allows you to have guests pay for your honeymoon?

• I don't know of the site... but just wanted to throw out a little heads up.  Many posters on these boards think a honeymoon registry is rude/tacky/gift-grabby (if that makes sense) and strongly feel your guests will feel the same and like to let you know how they feel. 

I don't see the harm in it: some guests prefer a tangible gift (toaster, towels, etc) and others prefer to give cash/gift cards and others still like to help make your honeymoon more memorable.  If I had the money and the couple-to-be-wed were close, I think it'd be nice to help them "swim with the dolphins" etc...but that's just my opinion. 

To your question, I'm sure there is more than one site out there, but I think I remember hearing that certain places take a certain percentage of the 'gift', some kind of fee.  Just so you have a heads up.  I'm sure a google search would yield lots of results.  Maybe check with your travel agent, or local AAA. 

Good luck!!! :-)
    When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • Don't do this.  Honeymoon registries are rude and tacky.  Plan a trip you can afford to pay for, for heaven's sake.  This is basically asking your guests to pony up cash so you can have a vacation. 

It is rude to ask for cash in any way shape or form on any of these house, wedding, honeymoon funds/registries. 
  • Read the title of your thread, read it again.  Now, tell me, if you were a guest who saw that, what would be your first reaction?  Offended?  Yeah.  If you weren't offended, then you're lying. 

If people want to send you a gift even though they aren't attending, they will find a way to do it without you waving a bank box in their face. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_website-allows-guests-pay-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e44f884f-e5b1-476a-aac3-fb74d0225bc0Post:9e4585d4-2fac-46bf-9cdf-e79feab8a60e">what is the website that allows you to have guests pay for your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had read awhile back about this website, where you can plan your honeymoon, and then have guests purchase your hotel, your flight, etc. as a wedding present instead of bringing a gift. as i have many family members that will be unable to attend, i  thought it would be a wonderful idea to have my fiance and i use this website as a way for my relatives to still purchase a gift, without having to worry about shipping. however, i cannot remember the name of this site. does anybody know what it is called?
    Posted by frostedkels[/QUOTE]

JIC
  • All feelings aside about honeymoon registries, I will actually answer your question.  Here are some for you to look into and form your own opinions.

http://www.honeymoonwishes.com/
    http://www.honeyfund.com/
    http://www.thehoneymoon.com/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Make sure you put that as an insert in your invitations:

Dear guests,

We know that you are unable to attend the wedding, and are just sending you this invitation so that you will send us a present.  To make things easier on you, please donate to the following bank account - I mean, "registry."  We would love for you to help us fund our sexfest.

XOXO,
    Bride and Groom.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, bad idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Why would your guests care about shipping?  I mean, it is just putting in an address.  Most places give free shipping on registy purchases, so the cost should not be an issue. 

Is this code for you really want a free vacation?  You are two years away from this event.  Save some money and pay for your vacation.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_website-allows-guests-pay-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e44f884f-e5b1-476a-aac3-fb74d0225bc0Post:2f9a4a17-4c34-4628-a43e-cb6c777e417b">Re: what is the website that allows you to have guests pay for your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear guests, We know that you are unable to attend the wedding, and are just sending you this invitation so that you will send us a present.  To make things easier on you, please donate to the following bank account - I mean, "registry."  We would love for you to help us fund our sexfest. XOXO, Bride and Groom.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

<div><3</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • and keep in mind that most of these places take a cut (and just cut you a check in the end)

if i were a guest, I'd be pissed that my $100 to help you "swim with the dolphins" is really a $90 check now...  I'd rather write you a check for $100 and have you tell me that you used it on your honeymoon then have you only get 90% of my gift in check form ANYWAY
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_website-allows-guests-pay-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e44f884f-e5b1-476a-aac3-fb74d0225bc0Post:9e4585d4-2fac-46bf-9cdf-e79feab8a60e">what is the website that allows you to have guests pay for your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i had read awhile back about this website, where you can plan your honeymoon, and then have guests purchase your hotel, your flight, etc. as a wedding present instead of bringing a gift. <strong>as i have many family members that will be unable to attend, i  thought it would be a wonderful idea to have my fiance and i use this website as a way for my relatives to still purchase a gift, </strong>without having to worry about shipping. however, i cannot remember the name of this site. does anybody know what it is called?
    Posted by frostedkels[/QUOTE]

ick.
    Photobucket
  • HM registry = deceiving your guests.  I don't like people who actually ASK for cash, very greedy.
  • There are several sites that host HM registries, but most charge a fee to your guest or you. Honeyfund.com does not
  • Honeyfund.com doesn't charge the guests a fee to give you a gift or keep any of their money for themselves instead of letting you keep the whole gift. This is from what i hear.
    Your best bet will always be to choose a destination you can afford without help from your guests, though.

• cocopeanutcocopeanut member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    The name of one of the websites is travelersjoy.com.  I think its an exellent idea by the way.  We are in a recession times are tough and I am sure you are paying alot for the wedding.  To me I would rather have a more exiting honeymoon then kitchen gadgets.  But I am not the traditional bride type anyway. They take a 7.5% cut. Good luck
  • www.honeyfund.com is free (paypal charges a fee if you give your guests the option to pay by credit card, check and cash are free).  If you decide to do a HM registry, I recommend that you have at least a small traditional registry for those that like to give you something tangible.  Also be sure to book a HM you can afford (at least the basics of flight, hotel, food, a few activities, etc).  I'm doing a HM on honeyfund, and everybody I have mentioned it to IRL have thought it was a great idea, and when I mentioned how controversial it is on here many said that regular gift registries were the same way when they first came out. 
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards