Registry and Gift Forum

How many would like this gift?

So I totally forgot to shop for a shower this Sunday.  The registries are super cleared out and I don't want to give a gift card cuz I'm not a fan of receiving them.  Over on the bump, my normal message board, someone suggested something I think is cool but I want opinions.  She said to individually wrap and stack up 5-6 different board games.  I was thinking I could even wrap them in white paper, stick a bride & groom on top so they look like a tiered wedding cake.  Am I the only game nerd that would love to receive a gift like this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How many would like this gift?

• I would LOVE that!! Maybe ill hint to my friends!!!
  • ehhh, it depends on the individual bride. I would not care for that at all, but some girls I know would love it.
  • I might like it depending on what the games are.  It so depends on the people you are giving the gift to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! FH and I are huge board game fans! And I love the packaging idea! 
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • I would love it, but yes it really would depend on the person.
  • This is something really dependant on the bride. Personally, I wouldn't use the games to often, but love giftcards because there is always something else that I see that I know I could use. I think you have to know the recipient for this particular gift.
    Photobucket
  • I agree with PP's.  It really depends on the people.  My FSIL would love that, but I probably woudnt' get too much out of it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would go for it and get party games - like Apples to Apples.  Just make sure to include a gift receipt just in case!
  • no that would be adorable, we always want to play board games but we never think of buying them.
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • I love board games so this gift would be right up my alley, but there some people who don't so I would include a gift receipt.
  • I would SO SECRETLY LOVE this.. and I LOVE the idea that you would embellish it to look like a wedding cake.. SUPER SUPER CUTE!!!

I personally would LOVE this FAR better than an engraved silver plated frame - this is thinking out of the box and honestly, on a snowy night or rainy day, trapped inside- what better way to enjoy some time together than opening a bottle of wine and playing some scrabble!! :)

(maybe that's just me - but I LOVE it!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like PP's, it's a super cute gift idea...IF the bride is into board games.  FI and I don't have any board games, but we might play them if we got it as a gift maybe.  I'd also say to include a gift receipt, not only if she doesn't like it, but maybe they already have one of the games you bought.
    Anniversary
  • I think this is super cute, and as long as you include the gift reciept, you cant go wrong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • FI and I LOVE to play board games... I would LOVE to get this as a gift :)

Everyday is a miracle. Anniversary
  • I think it's a great idea. We would love that gift.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We would like it, my sister would like it, most of my girl friends would like it... but there are a few who would not.  You know her best :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would return it, I would prefer a gift card. So if you do it, include a gift receipt just in case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards