Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Wedding Checks Question

So FI & I are leaving for Hawaii for 2 weeks the morning after our wedding & we are not sure if we should give the checks to our parents along with a deposit slip to deposit into our account so guests can balance their checkbook? The only problem is we couldn't write thank you notes until we returned...is that ok? Or should we wait to deposit the checks when we return from the HM?
Photobucket

Re: Wedding Checks Question

• Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    You can wait.  We left on our honeymoon to China and Thailand two days after the wedding.  We were gone for three weeks.  We deposited the checks when we got back.  People are going to understand that you are out of town.  I would not wait 6 months, but two weeks is fine.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    Yeah, just wait.  Besides, depending on how guests make the checks payable (married name or maiden name), you and your H will probably have to be together at the bank  to show ID.  You might even have to wait until after your new SS card comes. 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-checks-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:ed5c8cbf-6f1a-435e-8f54-959d6832b1b8Post:df5c2ee3-96e9-47db-9ff2-d65148b12940">Re: Wedding Checks Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, just wait.  Besides, depending on how guests make the checks payable (married name or maiden name), you and your H will probably have to be together at the bank  to show ID.  You might even have to wait until after your new SS card comes. 
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

For checks made out to Mr. and Mrs. MyHusband, we just wrote 'For Deposit Only' on the back with my husband's bank account #. We still don't have a joint checking account, so we'd sitll be waiting to deposit those checks.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    If you cash them before you leave, don't use the money until you write a TY note.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    You should wait to deposit upon arrival
  • Options
    Yeah I will just deposit them when we return. We already have a joint account, so I don't think that will be an issue. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I don't think anyone will mind if you wait 2 weeks! Just deal with it when you get home and try to write thank you's right away!

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I've deposited checks into my own account that were made out to both me and FI, and he's done the same into his account... we don't have a  joint checking account and we've had no problems. Plus people constantly spell my name wrong anyway but they don't seem to care at the bank.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards