Registry and Gift Forum

missing cards

I found out that someone gave us a card and it is missing.  There are several other guests that I know would have at least given us a card and I think we are missing those also. Do I send them an email letting them know that several cards are missing and there's may be one of them or do I not?  I am concerned because one is missing and so I am thinking others are too.  What do I do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: missing cards

• This is just me, but I wouldn't say anything to them unless they say something to you first (inquiring about why their check hasn't cleared the bank yet, for example).  There's always that off chance that they didn't get you a card and if you said something to them first it could create an awkward situation for everyone.
  • If you know something is for sure missing I would ask in a round about way to others you think may have given cards too.  Can your mom make small talk with them and say, "oh you know it was such a shame Izzy and H had cards missing, isnt that too bad?" blah blah blah

Did the missing card have money or a check?  How did you know for sure that one went missing?

I think an email is too forward, but I would be afraid of offending people who did give something when you dont send a thank you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_missing-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f47b249b-0c73-4c79-a282-60ee78e68bc0Post:73e7a73c-fac6-4d87-844d-482dc5d5eefa">Re: missing cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is just me, but I wouldn't say anything to them unless they say something to you first (inquiring about why their check hasn't cleared the bank yet, for example).  There's always that off chance that they didn't get you a card and if you said something to them first it could create an awkward situation for everyone.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  It's a shame but sometimes people do not bring a card or a gift to a wedding.  If they ask you about it, then you can try to figure out what happened, but if they don't mention anything, I wouldn't either. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe you can just thank them for coming.  That might open to door for them to ask if you received the card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards