Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Home Improvement Registry

My FI and I bought a house together a year ago and still have a dozen things we need/want to do for the house. We'll have a traditional registry at BBB but both of us would also like to register for home improvement stuff - which we are way more excited for than dishes. I know Sears has some tools but what we really want is hardware, a new faucet, etc. 
I looked for registry information on Lowe's and Home Deport's website and couldn't find it. That makes me think that less tech savvy guests will have no chance of figuring it out. 
Has anyone registered at those places or would recommend somewhere else? 

Re: Home Improvement Registry

• Options
    Lowes and Home Depot don't have registries.  Your best bet would probably be Amazon.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    [QUOTE]<strong>Lowes and Home Depot don't have registries.</strong>  Your best bet would probably be Amazon.
    Posted by pandasquishy[/QUOTE]
    That's true, however there are lots of registry websites that, while you don't register with the stores themselves, allow you to link to the page of the specific Lowes/Home Depot/local S&M shop items that you want, and then once a guest has purchased it they come back and mark that item as bought.
  • Options
    I think if you did something similar to Myregistry.com you could add all the tools you want from Home Depot and Lowe's.

We registered at Sears for a few things (along with 2 other registries) to get some home improvement items.  The only person who bought off of it was my Mom! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I registered at Home Depot and my wedding is next month!  Some stores call it a "Wish List" so try and use that wording when you go in to register.  It's very old-fashioned, they gave us a clipboard and pen/paper and we had to write down the UPCs of the items we wanted and then they manually inputted it.

We had two showers -- one with 50 guests and one with 25.  Out of the 75 people, 3 bought us physical gifts from the HD registry (bathroom hardware, light fixtures, and gardening tools).  However, about a dozen people bought us gift cards and we now have close to $800 to spend at Home Depot.  FI is so excited about this!!

It is also worth noting that we registered at BB&B.  However, our registry there is almost completely wiped out and I can't imagine what else I could have added.  Also, our moms communicated via word-of-moth that we were really looking to do some home improvement so I think that helped.

We really had no idea if the Home Depot registry would even be utilized, but we are so glad we did it!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE] <strong>Some stores call it a "Wish List" so try and use that wording when you go in to register.  </strong>
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]
    Oh that's right. I'd heard that elsewhere and completely forgot about that.
  • Options
    We were in a similar situation and used www.myregistry.com to include faucets, light fixtures, ceiling fans, and such to our registry. Like pp havc said, you can add items from any store you want to it, so you don't have to choose all of your fixtures from just one store, and it was very convenient for both our guests and us to use.
  • Options
    I tried "wish list" at Home Depot and Lowe's with no results, but if we end up with gift cards that would be great also!
    Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    I know Menards has a registry if you have one of those near you.  :) Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_home-improvement-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f616dd9c-ce9c-473d-b3af-25d2475dea83Post:ecded56f-734b-40e6-b583-eee7af28b6ee">Re: Home Improvement Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried "wish list" at Home Depot and Lowe's with no results, but if we end up with gift cards that would be great also! Thanks everyone.
    Posted by Portland09102011[/QUOTE]

Did you try online or in-stores?  Make sure you are going in-store to register.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_home-improvement-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f616dd9c-ce9c-473d-b3af-25d2475dea83Post:a21c481a-c6e5-4bbc-b4c5-830da0ad1bc5">Re: Home Improvement Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know Menards has a registry if you have one of those near you.  :) Good luck!
    Posted by deb84[/QUOTE]

That's what we are planning on doing along with BBB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_home-improvement-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f616dd9c-ce9c-473d-b3af-25d2475dea83Post:f9320152-d38e-46f8-aa6f-828d3eb13799">Re: Home Improvement Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home Improvement Registry : Did you try online or in-stores?  Make sure you are going in-store to register.
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]

The HD wish list is in store only, and cannot be accessed online or in other stores which is why we didnt do one. 

Try Sears.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards