Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Getting the word out about registry

I understand it is not appropriate for us to include information about our registry in our invitation, and that the maid of honor is supposed to let the guests know about it. However, my maid of honor doesn't know the vast majority of people on the guestlist. We can give her the email addresses of most of them (a few do not own computers), but she runs the risk of her email going to spam if she emails them.

Anybody got any ideas/experience about this? I really have no clue how this element usually goes and neither does she!

Re: Getting the word out about registry

• Options
    She shoudln't be emailing them about it.  Your wedding party and family can tell guests is asked where you are registered.  You can also put your registries on your website if you haveone.
  • Options
    People usually just figure it out. It's really easy to do an internet search with the couple's name.

It's okay to put registry information in the shower invites.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue. I'm hand delivering my invites to cut back on expenses, should I mention it to them where we're register when I give them the wedding invitation?
  • Options
    no one should be emailing people about the registry, people will ask all on their own, this way they can be generous and feel good about giving a gift as opposed to feeling hassled or nagged.
    when talking to people about my wedding, they usually asked either what we need or where we are registered. Im not worried. Its not my place to try and control peoples generosity anyway :)
  • Options
    People will figure it out.

Let me guess, you're registered at at least one of the following: Macy's, Crate & Barrel, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, or Wal-Mart.  That's usually where I look first for registries, and it's never failed me.

Unless you're registered somewhere REALLY obscure, don't worry about it.  If it IS obscure, just tell people when they ask and put it on your wedding website.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    The MOH isn't the only one who can tell people where you're registered. Your mom and his mom, for example, will be great sources for this.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    If people want to know, they will ask.  Your MOH should not be contacting them about the registry unless they ask her directly.  Make sure you parents know where you are registered, and you'll be fine.  Most people just do a google search or check the websites of the big registry stores, but if that doesn't work, they will call/email you or your parents.

If they still can't figure it out, they'll give you cash.  
  • Options
    Often times the info with go in your shower invites or you can put it on your wedding website.  Like PP's said it's very easy to usually find at least one place where someone is registered so I wouldn't worry too much about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sister put our wedding website on the shower invite, and it had links to the registries.  We will probably include it on an enclosure card for the invites as well (b/c we have hotel info, directions, etc on the website)
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    You're severely underestimating your guests. They've encountered registries before, I promise.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We received registry cards from BBB and we are going to put them in the shower invitations. I am also going to keep them with me and when people ask, I can just give them a card. They have our names on them and the registry number.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    LMAO!!!!!!!! That's the best idea I've heard yet.

I personally didn't send out word about my myregistry.com registry. However, I was able to invite my maid of honor to access the invite part of my registry and she sent word out to facebook friends and gmail contacts using the e-nouncements provided by myregistry. I didn't do it myself so I can't really vouch for this but it was quite simple since people are purchasing items and already contributing to my cash gift fund.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards