Registry and Gift Forum

Clicky poll: Your favorite registry

What's your favorite registry. Tell why below (if you're so inclined)!
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Clicky poll: Your favorite registry

• My favorite is Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  They have been fantastic.
  • I as well love Bed Bath and Beyond!  They have everything you could possibly want for your new life, plus they send you coupons in the mail all the time!
  • I love this site called myregistry.com!  You register for the things you want, regardless of what store sells it.  It keeps your registry all in one place but gives your guests a bigger variety.  Also, you get to set up a little introduction page!
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Target because I used to work there and you can register for things other stores don't have...board games, video games, tvs, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dillards!  I registered for Fiesta Ware there!  I have always been in love with Fiesta Ware dishes and plates and serving stuff....so hopefully I can have a set of my own!

• Target is our favorite because it's got what we want at an affordable price.
  • bed bath and beyond all the way! we've loved being able to register for just about everything (and good quality) we want there, and we've had great experience with customer service folks!
  • My FI and I are registering at Bed Bath and Beyond as well as American Furniture Wearhouse. We'll be starting our lives totally new and that includes me giving up my couch because he hates it... he likes more modern furniture and my couch is very plush. We love that with American Furniture Wearhouse, our guests can put money in and we can go shopping for whatever we want. It's fun furniture shopping!
  • Target..they had the most things we wanted at the best prices, were easy to add things online too.  I Haven't had any problems with customer service yet, and I heard the return policy is a whole lote better :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Amazon because they have everything.  And it can ship directly to our address.
  • Bed Bath and Beyond is AMAZING! We had such a blast registering there and we got to register for everything we wanted :)
  • My favorite would have to be Bed Bath & Beyond.  I could get lost in that store and never get board.
  • macy's because they have had great sales on my china and crystal. they never go on sale at BB&B and you cant use BB&B coupons on any of the designer stuff.
    Photobucket
  • For those of us in Canada there are VERY few options: The Bay/Home Outfitters or Sears (both department stores for those who don't know).

If you live in a big city like Toronto then you have the option of Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel, but unless most of your guests live there too it really isn't a good idea.

Canucks are registry-deprived!

But of the limited choices for Canadians, I chose The Bay and Home Outfitters over Sears, mainly because Sears does not carry the nicer lines of china or linens.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~Michelle~
    TTC for 2 years w/ PCOS - Ectopic in April 2012 at 7 weeks; MTX x2
    Check out my blog: Married In A Zoo
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32f861]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • Love Bed Bath & Beyond
  • Bed, Bath, and Beyond! They have just about everything me and FI need to start our home together. Customer service has been great and they provide you with a bunch of online tools after you register with them. They have a really nice incentive program too.
  • BB&B has everything you need... Plus, the return policy is super easy... They give you cash back rather than just a store credit.  I received 2 sets of pots and pans and was able to take one set back... No questions asked.....  I still spent the $ there :)
  • We are going to register at Target and either Crate and Barrell or Williams Sonoma so that  our guests dont feel like they have to spend hundreds on us but if they want to they can! :)

• I'm also a fan of BB&B
  • We are definitely Target people...It helps that it's just right around the corner from us! :) We just love everything they have to offer at such affordable prices.
  • Bed, Bath, and Beyond!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Bed Bath and Beyond has everything we want and need!
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Bed Bath & Beyond has EVERYTHING at reasonable prices, too.  Our China pattern at Bed Bath & Beyond is $119 per place setting, but at Macy's it's $174!  Plus Bed Bath & Beyond will take 20% coupons on everything, even if the coupon says it won't. 
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Crate and Barrel was my favorite.  We went to one of the wedding events where the store is "closed" except for registering couples, and we totally felt like rock stars.  We got one on one attention from staff experts on each area (they had knife experts, furniture people, you name it) and we registered while eating snacks they made using the kitchen gadgets and drinking champagne.  The customer service was fantastic, too.  We had two items arrive damaged, and they sent us new ones (without us having to return the damaged ones) no questions asked, and one of them was a $300 cabinet that required special delivery.  We got it the day after I called.

BB&B was good, too, but I did have one complaint.  They really pressure you to register for China there, and it seems like a good idea, but the problem is that they don't keep China in stock so it has to be shipped.  We wondered why no one was buying our China (it was the item we wanted the most), and it wasn't until we did our registry completion 2 months later that we found out why--they charge for shipping your China to the store when anyone buys it.  They made such a big deal about how people could buy your China at the store even though they don't keep it in stock, that I wrongly assumed they shipped it to the stores for free.  Well if they don't, what's the point?  A lot of people still aren't comfortable shopping online, and they aren't going to go to a store and leave empty handed.  So I just felt really mislead about the whole thing.  Plus I was really concerned about patterns being discontinued, and they completely dismissed my concern as petty.  Well guess who's pattern got discontinued just months after the wedding.  Yep, mine.  Luckily that led me to find Replacements Ltd, which has all my China for way cheaper than BB&B.
  • Bed, Bath and Beyond all the way!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards