Registry and Gift Forum
Options

HONEYMOON REGISTRY

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A HONEYMOON REGISTRY SHOWER?  HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT OPENING THE GIFTS IF EVERY GIFT IS AN ENVELOPE WITH A CERTIFICATE IN IT?

Re: HONEYMOON REGISTRY

• Options
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?
  • Options
    Please STOP YELLING.

Showers are for physical gifts.  Do you only have a honeymoon registry?  If someone is going to through a shower then you need to have a regular gift registry.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ::pokes self in eye::

Jagore is right - no one will read a honeymoon sticky if they can't scroll two inches down and read all about honeymoon registries.
  • Options
    If you are only registering for a HM, you do not have a shower. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    :bangs head on desk:

Please read some past threads before posting.  Questions like this are asked at least 2 - 3 times a week.  Showers are for tangible gifts.  Nobody wants to see you sitting there opening envelopes.  Finally, honeymoon registries are no different than asking for cash and are pretty damn tacky.  Also, keep in mind that for most sites, people aren't buying you an actual piece of your honeymoon, they are donating to a pot and the site takes a cut of it.

Brother and SIL did one of these so FI and I just gave them a couple hundred euros in cash for their Itialian honeymoon.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I think someone is just trying to annoy us with this post.

HM registry - rude!
    all caps -  rude!
    annoying us with the same HM registry questions over and over and over again - rude!!!
  • Options
    We received HM registry donations at our shower. We also received cash, gifts from our traditional registry, and gift cards.  You don't have to register to have a shower. You can open gifts or cards or just talk and enjoy time with your closest friends and family. Not everyone at my shower even watched the gift opening. It is boring to many people. We treated it as a regular BBQ/party just a little nicer.
  • Options
    I agree, no HM registry for showers, tacky. If someone is throwing you a shower you need to register for physical gifts.
  • Options
    How is having a honeymoon registry asking for money and registering for gifts not asking for something no difference I would much rather give the couple something the couple needs than getting them something that will sit in a closet!!
  • Options
    Asking for money is in itself, rude.

Registries for tangible items can also be dicey but at least with a regiistry, the giver isn't being requested to give cash.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_honeymoon-registry-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:fef3ab0d-c7bb-464a-b119-99112e5e0f7bPost:5318d523-4304-4013-a2d5-2e7cd1b3d849">Re: HONEYMOON REGISTRY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, no HM registry for showers, tacky. If someone is throwing you a shower you need to register for physical gifts.
    Posted by girl2bewed[/QUOTE]

I agree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards