Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

I tried so hard to make my RSVPs idiot-proof as to who was invited. 
I got a FB message asking me yesterday if they could bring their 3 kids. 

*headdesk*

Re: SA Wednesday

• Oh boy... the joys of RSVPs, I can hardly wait :/

Tonight I get to have dinner with FI and go to a basketball game :) Happy because he'll be here, sad that it will make me think it's the weekend and I'll be sad when I have to go to work tomorrow morning.

The Bachelor WAS NOT on onDemand when I tried to watch it last night, which meant I had to watch re-runs of Storage Wars. First world problems, for sure.

Had a very creepy dream last night involving a former Knottie who shall remain nameless.
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • =(  Bummer.

Happy Leap Day!
    Anniversary

• Creepers are creepy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:acff9ca2-ae5e-4395-bd78-616ff7e6bd8b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Creepers are creepy.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>AMEN. And hi!! We miss you!</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I miss you guys too... it's been so freakin' busy at work.  But don't worry, I still lurk, to ban creepers or vendors.  Or creepers that are vendors.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:245f9ea5-62bd-4a3c-984c-210c69cce3ef">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss you guys too... it's been so freakin' busy at work.  But don't worry, I still lurk, to ban creepers or vendors.  <strong>Or creepers that are vendors</strong>.

<div>I'm glad you're looking out for us. Like Batman.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:40a9b00d-b4e6-43cd-a0db-df5a6f5af186">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I'm glad you're looking out for us. Like Batman.
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]
    *dun-na-na-na-na* Bat-MOD!
  • Oh, I love Batman.  Are we talking Christian Bale Batman?  'Cuz that's hot.
  • Hatters gon' hat.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:fd87ff05-a559-4ba0-beb3-d57b87c54b4b">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I love Batman.  Are we talking <strong>Christian Bale Batman</strong>?  'Cuz that's hot.

<div>Yes, yes we are. And yes it is.</div>
  • OH KRISTAN!

I saw two more librarian posts on Grapevine's website!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:44e58cbe-312e-44c5-9def-9d7b074dca70">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH KRISTAN! I saw two more <strong>librarian</strong> posts on Grapevine's website!

<div>You are a ninja. I'll apply again, but they never called me about the last ones... starting to think my Master's degree was a really expensive hobby course. :/</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:4c3575d2-3d17-46a7-ab80-e3c1c09fe411">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : You are a ninja. I'll apply again, but they never called me about the last ones... starting to think my Master's degree was a really expensive hobby course. :/

Hmm, I wonder if there's an HR number to call
  • Perhaps. If I don't get a call back this time I'll definitely be figuring out who to contact.

My project this week at work is making mini-diplomas. Took a break from putting the cardstock into the pouches to do some laminating. Jammed the pouch laminator within the first 5 minutes... whoops.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:5afe5d22-1610-4ab0-9c0a-4bbf7603caa8">SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried so hard to make my RSVPs idiot-proof as to who was invited.  I got a FB message asking me yesterday if they could bring their 3 kids.  *headdesk*
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>rah-roh!  do you mind if i ask how you worded them?  i have a feeling i may be getting the same kind of response from my RSVPs :(</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Literally I had:
    Please Reply by March 24,2012 
    Guest 1-Name prewritten    Beef   Chicken
    Guest 2-Name Prewritten    Beef    Chicken 

___Guests Attending 
    ___Guests Unable to Attend

Then each card had the apporopriate amount of slots for the number of guests. (Ex. someone invited without a plus one would have just one space on their card)
  • It's frustrating that you went to all that effort and they STILL messed it up :(  Wish people would just use their brains sometimes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:6ad7e6bb-fbc4-4f50-823a-86ca512d5148">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's frustrating that you went to all that effort and they STILL messed it up :(  Wish people would just use their brains sometimes.
    I just told her no. We really don't have room for three kids or to make an exception for her and not for others. Plus it was super clear who was invited.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:d0319986-1cbe-4a2d-9c53-744f9c063708">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Literally I had: Please Reply by March 24,2012  Guest 1-Name prewritten    Beef   Chicken Guest 2-Name Prewritten    Beef    Chicken  ___Guests Attending  ___Guests Unable to Attend Then each card had the apporopriate amount of slots for the number of guests. (Ex. someone invited without a plus one would have just one space on their card)

I'm pretty sure no matter how you word your invitations, people are going to try to get who they want invited to the party, unfortunately.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:6135f4cc-278b-45a5-95c7-d50fe27c84df">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I'm pretty sure no matter how you word your invitations, people are going to try to get who they want invited to the party, unfortunately.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    Now that I realize that I feel like all my efforts were wasted. Oh well. It will be okay. <div>Worst case scenario they'll decline.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:4aad81d8-a705-4be8-827c-9b5966c1f7d6">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I just told her no. We really don't have room for three kids or to make an exception for her and not for others. Plus it was super clear who was invited.

<div>This is exactly what I am afraid of happening!  I'm trying to make it completely clear that only the number of blanks that are offered to you are the number of guests you can bring and I'm DREADING the conversations that are going to take place after.  :(  We haven't even sent out our invites yet and people are already asking if they can bring their kids.  Its one thing for family but it gets a little crazy when all the friends want to bring their kids too!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:4aad81d8-a705-4be8-827c-9b5966c1f7d6">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I just told her no. We <strong>really don't have room for three kids or to make an exception for her and not for others</strong>. Plus it was super clear who was invited.

<div>I totally feel you on this. We're providing childcare just because all of FI's OOT family have kids and won't come unless they can bring them, and we want them there so that's an expense we're willing to cover. But we aren't inviting anyone's kids who aren't OOT or aren't old enough to be left with a sitter- obviously my friends that have infants can bring them if they choose to come- because to do that would mean like 60 kids instead of 30, and we're having a wedding, not starting a daycare.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:6135f4cc-278b-45a5-95c7-d50fe27c84df">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I'm pretty sure no matter how you word your invitations, people are going to try to get who they want invited to the party, unfortunately.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY TRUE!

I will never understand this. People of the world, repeat: "It ain't my rodeo"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:350b2cd5-76a2-4f97-ab8f-dddb0bd43220">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I totally feel you on this. We're providing childcare just because all of FI's OOT family have kids and won't come unless they can bring them, and we want them there so that's an expense we're willing to cover. But we aren't inviting anyone's kids who aren't OOT or aren't old enough to be left with a sitter- obviously my friends that have infants can bring them if they choose to come- because to do that would mean like 60 kids instead of 30, and we're having a wedding, not starting a daycare.

<div>I was seriously considering doing this as well!  I was a little worried about how much it would cost though!  My fiance and I are older, I'm 33 and he's 36 so all of our friends are just now starting to having babies.  Its great and I'm happy for them but we added it up one day and it would be something like 30 kids under the age of 3 (just friends, not family).  That's A LOT of babies!!  I know what its like when there's ONE crying baby, i can't imagine having a room stocked full of babies!  We're also having an evening cermony 6:30 and I'm wondering what is going to happen around 8-:830 when all the kids start getting tired and cranky.  I know that this is such a controversial issue and people get ***SUPER*** sensitive about it but I have a 12 year old son and I never assumed that he was invited to weddings that I was invited to unless it said so specifically!  I realize there's nothing you can really do about it and I don't have the gall to tell people flat out "please get a sitter" but I hope that at least ~some~ of our invitees catch the subtle hints that I'm trying to give them!  (evening wedding, saturday night, open bar, etc...)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:350b2cd5-76a2-4f97-ab8f-dddb0bd43220">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I totally feel you on this. We're providing childcare just because all of FI's OOT family have kids and won't come unless they can bring them, and we want them there so that's an expense we're willing to cover. But we aren't inviting anyone's kids who aren't OOT or aren't old enough to be left with a sitter- obviously my friends that have infants can bring them if they choose to come- because to do that would mean like 60 kids instead of 30, and we're having a wedding, not starting a daycare.
    I considered this but there is literally no where at the Piazza for a "daycare".  <div>I mean she's a 2nd or 3rd cousin that I've seen maybe 6 times in my life. It won't end my world if she doesn't come. </div><div>
    </div>
  • We had no kids... but of course I  had a fork o food going into my mouth when this woman starts coming towards our table with not just two toddlers, but a baby in a baby carriage! Fiance's side, some male relative who RSVP'd for 1, invited his GF and her kids "last minute" and they all drove down from Atlanta.

Good thing was fiance's family was not happy. They helped find them a place to sit, but then they must have gotten the word, because after dinner I didn't see them again.

People can be so frustrating, but I was happy other people took care of it that night and I didn't have to worry.

At least these people called to ask you--I think that makes it clear that did get your message from your invitation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:b356c781-8e35-4472-a51d-177d4093a5f3">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I realize there's nothing you can really do about it and I don't have the gall to tell people flat out "please get a sitter" but I hope that at least ~some~ of our invitees catch the subtle hints that I'm trying to give them!  (evening wedding, saturday night, open bar, etc...)
    Posted by jenbob2012[/QUOTE]

<div>People don't take hints. That is the biggest thing I've learned in my 9 months of planning so far! </div><div>
    </div><div>As far as the cost, we're figuring we will need 1 sitter for every 5-6 kids, with a designated sitter for each infant (child under 18 months) that parents decide they want to leave with our sitters. We're planning on paying the sitters $8 an hour, 4 or 5 hours depending on how the reception goes. So if we need 5 sitters for older kids and 2 sitters for babies, for 5 hours we'll be spending around $300. 90% of these kids are related and see each other throughout the year, so I'm not too worried about conflict. This, to us at least, is an expense we'll gladly take on because we want people to stay and celebrate, not leave just because they want to get home so they don't have to pay the sitter as much.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:35a2d30a-8e23-4d5a-af04-d5a2e72fb8f6">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : I considered this but there is <strong>literally no where at the Piazza for a "daycare".</strong>   I mean she's <strong>a 2nd or 3rd cousin</strong> that I've seen maybe 6 times in my life. It won't end my world if she doesn't come. 

<div>Excellent point. We're fortunate that the reception hall is in the same building as an elementary school, so space wasn't an issue.</div><div>
    </div><div>2nd or 3rd cousin?? You're nice to invite family that distant! FI's family is monstrously huge, we had to cut it off at 1st cousins. Certain 2nd cousins are invited, but they are the ones we see more than once every 5 years. The rest will hear about it through the grapevine.</div>
  • "Subtle hints," nothing.  If the name isn't on the invite, the kid isn't invited.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d4680479-5bcc-4610-bb36-c09fac0ada75Post:f3860caf-2e89-4c84-bdd9-b0413a367c0d">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Excellent point. We're fortunate that the reception hall is in the same building as an elementary school, so space wasn't an issue.<strong> 2nd or 3rd cousin?? </strong>You're nice to invite family that distant! FI's family is monstrously huge, we had to cut it off at 1st cousins. Certain 2nd cousins are invited, but they are the ones we see more than once every 5 years. The rest will hear about it through the grapevine.
    My mother wanted to invite said cousin and I wasn't able to wangle my way out.<div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards