• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO

Summer Weddings

Sunflower wedding

We are doing a sunflower themed wedding the only problem is I dont know what color would look nice for the brides maids dresses.  Many of the dresses I see online for this type of wedding are black or brown which seems kinda boring.  I would love some help!

Re: Sunflower wedding

• hell0238hell0238
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Orange, red, green, purple, blue, as long as they are bright summer shades of these colors, it will not clash with sunflowers. I'd shy away from red, though.

I'd pick a bright fun color like emerald green, but that's just me. I know of a sunflower themed wedding in which they all wore white, but it sounds like you're not a fan of earth tones. You have choices, no worries!
  • I too plan on having sunflowers..My bridesmaid dresses will be a sage color. I
    also plan on having them cocktail length, I think will coordinate well with the summer theme.
  • Have you looked at the post by the moderator of the board? If not, I'd suggest going there and looking at the websites she's posted for some extra help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • I think cornflower blue would look stunning with sunflowers.
  • My BMs will be wearing navy cocktail dresses and carrying sunflowers for my wedding next month. 
  • A deep blue would be really nice.  I saw some pics of a wedding that used sunflowers as their flowers at www.bridesign.com - the WP was in a beautiful blue!

If you go to the site, click on Testimonials, the sunflower wedding is near the bottom - will give you a good idea.

Happy Planning!
    Anniversary
  • I went to a "sunflower" wedding last summer and her bridesmaid dresses were yellow.It was beautiful! She also gave out sunflower seeds in little packages for her favors. It was so nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having sunflowers at my wedding and as someone else suggested, my main color will be cornflower blue, and my second color is jade green.  I had trouble choosing colors that wouldn't clash also. 
  • I love sunflowers but we are getting married in October... I see all the other "sunflower weddings" are taking place in the summer. Will sunflowers look silly in the fall?? BM dresses are dark blue/ navy.
  • I don't think October sunflower theme will look silly at all...I'm thinking about doing the same thing next October!  Sunflowers are beautiful all year... and their deep yellow color will look great with the changing leaves.
  • I too have the same dilemma.  I plan to have sunflowers as my central theme, but couldn't figure out a complementary color.  After browsing a lot of blogs, I found the following link with the bridesmaids in Mexican tent dresses, and the bride with sunflowers.  I fell in love. check it out!   http://ruffledblog.com/2009/10/kristen-matts-bohemian-fiesta-wedding/
  • I am also doing a sunflower wedding in August next year. I am really trying to make sunflowers contemporary and not country like. (Its just not my style). And I was wondering what have people done for centerpieces?
  • I am having a sunflower wedding with my bridesmaids in cobalt blue dresses!  Cobalt blue is going to share the stage with my yellow sunflowers...the tableclothes will be cobalt blue and I am thinking that I will do a clear vase with blue and yellow beads/marbles with sunflowers!  I want the centerpieces to pop off the tables :)
    Cynthia Finch
  • I will also be using sunflowers at my wedding and I found that kelly green goes nice with the yellow.  
  • I'm doing a sunflower theme with marine blue as my base color.  I will have a sunflower bouquet with Wonder of Stafa asters and delphinium.  My bridesmaids will have tea-length marine blue dresses with yellow trim.  Marine blue table cloths with sunflower center pieces for the reception, and a sunflower decorated cake with blue trim is the plan.
  • I too am doing sunflowers and my accent color is deep purple
  • We are doing a sunflower wedding this october and my girls chose to wear chocolate brown dresses.  I would have chose a cobalt blue (it looks gorgeous) but the sunflowers really pop against the brown dresses.