Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

To invite or not to invite...

my 93 year old great grandparents? They would have to come in from out of state and hteir health is not so great. Well, Papa's is fine but Nana's is terrible, and they definitely won't come whether or not invited... but they do send out big checks. I don't know if they do it for just announcements, but my first two weddings got checks after the invites were recieved. And i know I'm not inviting people because I expect gifts, but hey, they sure are nice ;) Also, I don't want them to feel forgotten if I don't invite them... Though I haven't even worked up the balls to tell them I moved to TX yet so, surprise? Hrm.

Re: To invite or not to invite...

• I think it is a nice gesture to invite all family members if you are able to accomodate them, especially those of the older generation. If they were alive, I cannot imagine not inviting a grandparent or great-grandparent. It just depends on how close you are to them, but I'm sure that whether or not they could attend they would appreciate the invitation.

I thought the rest of the post about how much money they would give is gift grabby though (even though I don't think you meant for it to). I came off as 'Oh, just kidding. But not really.'

• Invite them and let them decide for themselves whether they want to attend (or write a check).

•  LOL yeah, it came across a bit grabby. But mostly I think they'd be insulted if they didn't get one. They don't especially like my side of the family -- my mom was adopted by her step-father, their son, and they have, right in front of us, said we're not "real" family. But i mean they've always been fine other than that. And they call us grandkids and great grandkids... they're confusing. Anyway. Yeah. Meh. I'll send one. It's not like one more stamp will break the budget.
  • I guess I just don't see ANY reason not to invite them.
  •  Well, I was counting my invites and concerned about reordering. But I decided to just reorder an extra 25, so now it is a non issue.
  • LynnJaredLynnJared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012

Out-of-towners (or others) who're likely to gift but not come? Sounds like a no-brainer to me lol. Plus, I think they would feel left out if they didn't receive an invite, even though they probably won't make it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards