Second Weddings

3rd marriage for both of us..trying to keep it really simple

I live in a lake community. There is a lovely beach within walking distance of my house which is in my favorite place in the whole world. My sweetie and I have been working together to make this place "ours". :)

I'm trying to figure out if we could get married on the beach at the lake, then walk the processional (recessional?!) back to our house for the reception.

I have a HUGE wrap around deck so plenty of room for tables and I have 3 sets of sliding doors that open into a very open floor plan inside. I'm guessing we'd have about 25-50 people. I can put a tent and dance floor out in my backyard. It would be perfect. I just don't know if that would work. Sound ok?

Second, I'm picturing him in a button down shirt and khakis. He's not a tux kind of person and I'm not either. :) I will wear a white or off white dress (haven't figured that out yet) and probably will have the girls of the family as my attendants (6 girls between us ages 6 yrs to 22 years) if I have any at all.

Soooo what kind of dress would be appropriate?! Most of the "informal" dresses Ive looked at still look too formal for a button down shirt and khakis. No?! I'm so clueless.

We wouldn't want to make a big production out of it. No showers etc. If I had my way we'd elope but I know our friends and family would have a tizzy. We love them and they are very happy for us and would love to share in it with us.

He and I are very simple people. We are no frills, though I consider myself quite girly. :)

I'm kind of excited about the prospect of planning this. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards