Second Weddings

Happy New Year!

I just saw video of last year's New Year's fireworks in Australia and it reminded me that long before we ring in 2011 here on the USA's east coast, many Knotties will have done so overseas.  Happy New Year! 

I hope everyone has a great time, whether celebrating with a quiet evening at home, going out to a party, enjoying a concert or, perhaps, those fabulous Aussie fireworks.

Although we usually celebrate with a low-key dinner before the ball drops, this year FI and I are going to a symphony performance at the Kennedy Center, followed by a party there.  How about you??  Whatever the case ... Happy New Year!  *clink*

Re: Happy New Year!

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're going to a wedding tonight :(  Should be okay tho but I don't the bride & groom.  They are H's friends daughter.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy New Year!
    We're probably staying in for a pizza and movie night.  There was a pretty good snowstorm last night, and the roads are terrible.  The high temp will only be 9* today, with a forecast low of -8*, so it's not going to improve anytime soon.  There was a 20-car pileup near my house - cars kept sliding down the hill and crashing into each other one by one.  Crazy.

Have a safe and happy NYE, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what we're doing tonight - the daughter is going to an overnight party - YAY!!!  We do get the night to ourselves, but other than that I don't know what we are doing exactly.

Happy New Year to All!!! *clink*
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We usually stay in and host/chaperone a "safe teen house", but this year, we're going out (yipee!). Then tomorrow, I get my annual Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi, mixed in with a Seinfeld marathon.  I got the first few seasons of "21 Jump Street" for Christmas, so I may swoon to some old Johnny Depp episodes...ahhh!

Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year's celebration!!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just sat around watching sports on tv, then the ball drop, then bed, LOL. I made a bunch of appetizers, ate for hours, drank champagne over raspberries.

Nice thing was that the local PBS channel replayed (like 1 am)  the Gershwin Prize show that Paul McCartney had at the White House from this summer. Got to see a bunch of great musicians playing McCartney tunes before going to sleep.

And, as we hugged & kissed & clinked glasses, we shared the thought that THIS was our last NYE as singles. Yay! Only 7 months and 27 days!

*CLINK* TO ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES !!!
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We joined our neighbors for the 2nd annual NYE party....as usual it was a wonderful time, with loads of food, drink and good friends !

I would like to wish everyone a wonderful happy healthy new year! 
  • edited December 2011
    We went to church and after midnight we had a non alcoholic party in the church's basement. I was with my son's, DIL, FI and best friends down there! It was good because it kept the sadness for my son's death a little far from my heart and I could actually enjoy while I was there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards