Second Weddings
Options

XP: We've been blogged......pics in the link of my DIY from the wedding......

This is the website for our DOC.

http://www.simplicitydoc.blogspot.com/

(I did send Shelly an email telling her this was my first wedding, LOL......oh well, not the kind of thing that's important. I think she made an assumption I'd been married before because I had kids).

These are the only pics I have of our "tablescapes", not sure the photographer got any.

Nice memories. Glad she got these.

Re: XP: We've been blogged......pics in the link of my DIY from the wedding......

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh my gosh your wedding is so cute! i love the coasters! do you have the instructions for them?
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought standard glass coasters from the Knot's website (I've seen them elsewhere too). The openings are really intended for photos, and that's how they appear on websites selling them. They usually run anywhere from 99 cents for a pack of 2 (when on sale on the Knot), or $1.99 for 2. I gave each guest a set of 2.... that way married couples got 4, singles got 2.

However, I felt my guests wouldn't want coasters with OUR pic in them, but if I personalized them with THEIR monogram, they might like them. So, I purchased lightweight cardstock, and using excel made squares the appropriate size for the monograms to show through the opening. You have to play with this a bit, I just printed the monograms on plain paper to size them up before printing them.

I chose the Chopin Script font because all the rest of our paper items had that. After each page was printed, I used a silver stamp pad and stamped a decorative shape over the monogram before cutting and putting it in the opening. This part isn't necessary, but if you are using colors, it would be a way to get all your colors in the square you cut.......one color for the monogram, one for the paper, another for the stamp. We just used white opalescent paper, black script, and silver stamps that didn't cover the black monogram.

I was very pleased that the only coasters left after the wedding were for the four people who were no shows, LOL. I actually went to one family member's house to pick up the food leftovers they brought home for us, and was happy to see our coasters already on their dining table Laughing

PM me if you want more info.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue your decor was very lovely and not over done!! Good job!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sue, it was just lovely <3!  You did a wonderful job!
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a wonderful reception!  Love the ice cream bar!
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  I'm loving the coasters.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards