Second Weddings

Including my son in the ceremony- ideas

We spoke with our pastor for the first time today and we would like to have a "family medallion ceremony." Basically something that will include my son and us becoming a family in the ceremony. The pastor likes the idea but had no suggestions.... this is where I am hoping someone on the Knot would be able to help me. We are thinking that a good time for this would be during the unity candle lighting. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone included anything in their own weddings?

Re: Including my son in the ceremony- ideas

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could have him give you away. My son is 7 and even though my brother is walking me down the aisle, my son will give me away. We are also using his name as the person inviting everyone to the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    My son will be 4 when my FI and I get married.  In order to encorproate him into the wedding not only is he our adorable ring bearer, we are also making matching chrams for a necklace for all of us to exchange besides him and I exchanging rings.  We also decided to combine sand instead of doing a unity candle.  Using 3 small vases filled with 3 different colored sand and then pouring into one large vase engraved with all of our names and the date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards