Second Weddings
Options

Album from 1st marriage

For whatever reason, I've been holding on to my wedding album from my first marriage. It sits in the closet and I never look at it. I think it is time to get rid of it, once and for all. My XH and I don't have kids together, so I think there's any reason to keep it. Have you gotten rid of yours? I feel badly getting rid of something we spent so much money on.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Album from 1st marriage

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree don't get rid of memories.  My FI actually came across it when we were moving.  He went through it and it was kinda funny wow was I so young then. It was funny he asked how old my mother was when I got married.  He thought it was hysterical that I will be the same age as my mother was when I got married the first time. When I marry him. Does that make sense? I kept them for my daughters but they were happy memories of a long time ago.
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I left, I left the album, but was lucky enough to have all 500+ proofs and photos on cd. It's part of who I am.
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about mixing it up? Let the maids pick the color. Have some in black with bright pink flowers. Have the maids in pink carry bright green or paler pink flowers. I think the mix of colors in the photos would be stunning. Hmmmm.  I'm not sure that I'd agree with that, I like to be a control freak and assign the BM their colors. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Defintely, Stace - besides, you need to make sure there are equal numbers for the pics, and some people just don't know how to choose a flattering color for themselves.I would rethink the whole thing - seriously
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! Funny story! Well, okay, maybe it's not that funny, but it's funny think about later...I had 2 big wedding albums from my 1st marriage and was keeping them at my brother's house. (when I moved back to Phx after being divorced, I needed a place to store my things) Well, in those albums were pictures of my brother with his ex-girlfriend. My brother and his current girlfriend, now wife, were having some issues with those pictures and she was saying things like "you still like her" and "you're not over here" and all that business. So, my brother, in his fit of rage, decided to THROW AWAY my albums just to prove to her that he was over it/her! He later told me this....I was a little bothered since my opportunity to do something with them myself was gone, but it's like he did me a favor. They are long gone now and it's a story tell. Nice, huh? Well, that's what I got for ya! :)
  • Options
    ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ex-husband was abusive, so the memory of the horrible mistake I made in marrying him is best forgotten. Our wedding album was in the trash litertally within days of us separating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • Options
    joesbbyjoesbby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of the pictures from my 1st marriage when I was 19 (it lasted 2 years) are in a big envelope in a box. I've kept them because as stated it is part of my history and we have a child together. My second marriage lasted 17 years and we had a vow renewal in the middle of that. I have those pictures in an album, put in the same box the pics from my second marriage are in. My fiance's wedding album from his first marriage is in the same box. Not only did we pay a lot for those pictures, and in more than monetary ways...lol.. but it's a part of our history and who we are so I wouldnt dream of throwing them all away. But they for sure are not prominently displayed...lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards