Options

Pet Peeve "real" wedding

2»

Re: Pet Peeve "real" wedding

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Donna, that is EXACTLY it.  You certainy won't hear me say anyone should not have a big wedding.  It's all in the language you used for your first wedding.  You don't need to justify what you're doing to anyone, certainly not me.  I don't need justification for doing a private ceremony for my second wedding, but I do deserve respect and I also deserve not to be insulted for doing it that way. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth, my first wedding was a "real" wedding.  We had the big dress, the tuxes, the big party, the price tag, the church, and two months later he said a big "oops" and wanted to take it back.  I am not lying to myself, but I do not feel like that was a "real" wedding or a "real" marriage, because of all the negative feelings that overshaddowed it.My upcoming wedding will be the two of us on a beach by ourselves, and it will very much be the "real" wedding I've always wanted.Pomp and circumstance do not make the wedding real.  The emotions and commitment do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, futurestepma--that's exactly what FI and I did! 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course, now he's DH.  Goodness, I must need more coffee! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My apologies to the board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards