Second Weddings

I'm so done on having a wedding

I am so done with this whole idea of having a wedding the way that I had wanted it to be. By that I don't mean I don't want to get married I just don't want to invite anyone other than my daughter, her man and my grand baby and my sons, and FI's daughter.

So I told my FI forget inviting people has their is no one that is that involved in our lives has a couple. 

So what finally brought me to that was my FI called me this morning and asked me if I wanted to leave him? I said no where did you get that idea from. He said he ran into my (so called friend who is also my BM) and she said so did Jeanni leave you yet. He also said their was a couple of other neighbors who have said the same thing. I have never even said anything remotely close to that to my BM and I have never talked to these other neighbors about anything about our relationship. So I know where that came from and that was from my BM. I am so furious that she would even start some bull s*** like that.

So I told my FI that lets just do this thing without anyone but our kids. He said it worked for him. I think that I will go with the idea of doing a destination wedding and a honeymoon. What do you all think?

Re: I'm so done on having a wedding

• Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided on no wedding party for ours because I didn't want to deal with all the additional BS and really, that isn't what is important about the day anyways. 98% of the people invited to my wedding are family, but I still felt that it was important to do a traditional wedding this time because for my first I really didn't get to have my 'dream wedding'. The reality is that you should only get the opportunity to do this once, so if you are comfortable with looking back on it and okay with the fact that you had a destination wedding then go ahead and do it. Personally, my family rarely gets together if not for a wedding or a funeral so I feel it is important for us to have one. Most of my family on my mother's side has commented that they don't understand why I'm doing such a big wedding the second time though. I don't really care because I'm paying for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my--hang in there. I went through something similar  (the old-timers will attest to this) a few weeks before I got married.  I was glad that we had decided to just do it with just the two of us, on a beach, no attendants, no guests.  But there was still drama, because I couldn't find the right dress (never did).  Then I couldn't find the right jewelry, and one of my sisters was disappointed because I wasn't having big reception, so she gave me a bit of grief.    I think most of us have this issue.  Read "The Concious Bride" (argh, spelling?)--very helpful for sorting out your feelings. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding party is my soon to be 4 year old niece and my 12 year old daughter.  There is a lot less drama that way. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my that's crazy! Good Luck Jeanni you have had enough issues. How are things going with the Daughter anyway??? 
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that. People can be so ridiculous, It isn't going no where at this time concerning FI's daughter. We have not pursued the getting married at this time until we get the visitation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards