Second Weddings
Options

engagement photos

Well I dont know if I'd call em engagement photos... Since James didn't really get on a knee and ask me.... He quite asking me because I was so dead set against about married again.  My first marriage was when I was 20 and it lasted about 9 years.  He was active duty army and sadly he was one of the ones who cheated on me for years!  So anyways....  divorced...  with James for 5 years (in sept).... but afraid to take that last step... ya know?

After a heart to heart with good friends of mine around christmas time... and it still took time for me... I decided that I was finally ready... so we just decided to set a date.  So that's my proposal...

There is a friend who I work with who does photography on the side.  He asked me if I had done engagement photos and he'd love to do them... I hadn't even thought of that (he's going to do our wedding too!)...

So saturday we're going to Acadia National Park for some picture taking!  This is a first for me and I'm nervous!  Never did all this stuff with my first wedding. My mom  basically planned it all lol

I can't wait!  I will definately let ya know how they turn out:)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: engagement photos

• Options
    I didn't do them with my first wedding either, but am so glad I did this time. It's nice to have some good pictures of us, and it's nice practice for wedding day photos as well since now we know the kind of shots we really like, an what we don't. Have fun!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I didn't really get a proposal either. About 2 years into our relationship my fiance, while in a state of "over-imbibement" was moaning, and I thought he was going to be sick. He moaned and then said "Will you marry me?". NOT the proposal I always dreamed of for over 50 years, but what the hell........LOL

We did take pictures of the two of us and called them "engagement pics", but only because we had never taken any real pictures of us together and I wanted to have something to include in the Save the Dates.

Enjoy yours, it's fun and make sure to take playful poses, not just serious ones.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We had an engagement photo session -- it was fun!  We used one of the shots for our Save the Date post cards.  We had a few made into prints and gave to his dad, his son and someone else (that seems like ages ago) and gave them as Christmas gifts.  I have one shot -- just of our hands intertwined -- which I use as my screen saver.  Every time I see that, I sigh ... yup, every day!

Enjoy!!
  • Options
    We did what our photographers called a "causal shoot" - so we could learn how they work and such.  It was fun and we used the pictures to create a memoriable guest book that now sits on our coffee table. 

It was fun and it also made for great pictures to intersperse with the other family photos on the mantel of the fireplce at our reception. 
  • Options
    I didn't do engagement photos the first time, in the mid-eighties, but I did this time.  We did them in full Scottish dress, him in US Army tartan kilt, me in Scottish Country dress (bodice, chemise, floor lenght skirt, and tartan wrap), in an historic cemetery in Atlanta.  I am so glad we did; we have those photos all over both our homes. 

And if it makes you feel any better, I never got the proposal, either.  I was sort of tired of him stringing me along, and after a few drinks, told him so.  A few days later he said "uh, so, I've been thinking about it, and I think we should be handfasted."  The romance just never ends.  :-P
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Stace, you need to post some of those pics somehwere.  I would love to see them!  We did engagement pics because they came as part of the wedding photography package.  The photog said it would give her a good idea of how we photograph and how comfortable we are in front of the camera.  She quickly found out we are not comfortable in front of the camera!  She did a great job, though.
  • Options
    I agree w/ AA.  I'd love to see some of those photos, Hand.

I didn't have a formal proposal either.  My dad had just died after a quick but painful illness and I was really being pathetic about life in general.  When I started to come out of the funk a little bit, H and I had a sit down and talked about formalizing ourselves.  So no engagement photos either.  I had them with the first marriage as they were included in the entire bridal package.  I think xH and I frolicked around a forest preserve.
  • Options
    Thanks, all, I will try to see if I have a couple to post.  My H looks awesome in kilt, btw. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    I hope his kilt is long enough!  Or do I?
  • Options
    We had our photos done last weekend at Acadia national park in Maine! It was beautiful and a lot of fun. Waiting on the disk... Will have to figure out how to add pictures in a post! Lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards