Second Weddings
Options

What did you wear in your hair

Trying to decide what to do with my hair...I have tried putting just a flower in my hair but i'm not digging it. Don't think I want a veil, ...I feel too old for that lol

What did you guys do? and how formal was your dress?
Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
 CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!

Re: What did you wear in your hair

• Options
    I went to Claire's (yes- me and all the pre-teens were shopping together!)  and bought a couple of cards of hair jewels.  Less than $10.  I did not want a veil either, and I was happy with the jewels.    ~Donna
  • Options
    yeah thats where i got the flower lol

im considering not wearing anything at all...
  • Options
    I wore nothing in my hair (Pagan tradition) but my daughter wore a white and black feather fascinator.  Looked really beautiful.  Look on etsy for bridal hair/hats, and you'll get a lot of ideas. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    I've got a rhinestone headband I'm going to wear. I have crazy hair so I need something in it too help control things!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I wore a pearl & rhinestone headband, had my hair done up on back, then made myself a very long "looped over" tulle veil/sort-of-train. I didn't care that I was in my mid 50's, I felt beautiful.

I had long hair at the time, and my hairdresser came to my home. Here's the back, and the veli was inserted under my hair.

Here's the headband

I've also seen lovely hair clips and items at the "kid's stores", ie Claires, Icing, Forever 21 (where my daughter MOH got her black fascinator),
  • Options
    I bought an ivory silk flower that I can clip in my hair.  I'm having a low side updo and think that the big flower is perfect.  My dress is floor length but simple.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I wore a simple single layer non-gathered (mantilla) veil for our ceremony.   I was 48 at the time. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_what-did-you-wear-in-your-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:180027a4-b7b4-413a-b65c-33c60b8c14baPost:a60be391-28e6-498c-9985-336818f27fd8">Re: What did you wear in your hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore a pearl & rhinestone headband, had my hair done up on back, then made myself a very long "looped over" tulle veil/sort-of-train. I didn't care that I was in my mid 50's, I felt beautiful. I had long hair at the time, and my hairdresser came to my home. Here's the back, and the veli was inserted under my hair. Here's the headband I've also seen lovely hair clips and items at the "kid's stores", ie Claires, Icing, Forever 21 (where my daughter MOH got her black fascinator),
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you for sharing that...I honestly had tossed around getting a veil because it has that bridal feel to it, but felt like I was too old LOL. I think yours looks beautiful!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_what-did-you-wear-in-your-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:180027a4-b7b4-413a-b65c-33c60b8c14baPost:41f5facb-9c10-43af-892d-140250a1208c">Re: What did you wear in your hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]Retreadbride, the great traditionalist, said, "Hell with it!" and bought a veil and tiara, because she didn't wear one at either of her other two weddings. Go for bling in the hair.  You'll feel like a queen walking to your love.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>LOL can I just say...I love you right now? lol</div><div>
    </div><div>I'll be honest I want to wear a veil.  I tried on a simple flower with my dress and I just don't like it at all. I want to feel bridal, but ya know my theme is a little over the top too so i'm confused (as usual lol)</div><div>
    </div><div>I might need to start looking for some then ;)</div>
  • Options
    coopsbabycoopsbaby member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_what-did-you-wear-in-your-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:180027a4-b7b4-413a-b65c-33c60b8c14baPost:f29e561d-cc6b-4266-953e-894e293da10b">Re: What did you wear in your hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did you wear in your hair : LOL can I just say...I love you right now? lol I'll be honest I want to wear a veil.  I tried on a simple flower with my dress and I just don't like it at all. I want to feel bridal, but ya know my theme is a little over the top too so i'm confused (as usual lol) I might need to start looking for some then ;)
    Posted by beautifulmama28[/QUOTE]

<div>If you want to wear one, then you should wear one! I didn't wear one the first time either, just don't like the way they look on me, mostly cause I have a big head and that makes it look bigger! But I like the way they look on others. Try some on and see!</div>
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm sewing my own dress and it's REALLY over the top (flowy pink tulle!). I found a great tulle-like fabric with embroidered flower blossoms (we're getting married under blooming cherry trees). It's...costumy, but awesome. I decided to go completely playful and whimsical. 
  • Options
    I wore a full cathedral length veil for my first wedding. I'm thinking about either flowers in my hair or a fascinator with a small birdcage this time, because it goes more with my dress.

Wear what makes you feel beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do whatever you feel like doing. I am not going for the veil either. I got my wedding dress yesterday and the sales lady asked me if I wanted to try on the veil with it and I said I wasn't going to wear one. She said you need to try on something with your dress. So I tried on a tiara and felt like I was a little girl playing princess lol. My plan is to get bling hair pins at Claire's. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_what-did-you-wear-in-your-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:180027a4-b7b4-413a-b65c-33c60b8c14baPost:f29e561d-cc6b-4266-953e-894e293da10b">Re: What did you wear in your hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did you wear in your hair : LOL can I just say...I love you right now? lol I'll be honest I want to wear a veil.  I tried on a simple flower with my dress and I just don't like it at all. I want to feel bridal, but ya know my theme is a little over the top too so i'm confused (as usual lol) I might need to start looking for some then ;)
    Posted by beautifulmama28[/QUOTE]

Wear the veil!!  I didn't wear one the first time, and when my dress lady suggested it I told her I didn't like them, wasn't wearing one, but would humor her and my MIL by trying one on.  She gave me an elbow-length veil, tried a couple of different looks, and I started feeling "bridey".  I'm wearing a chapel length veil low, under my hair knot, with a rhinestone and pearl comb to pull together with my dress.  Not what I planned when I started looking, but I feel great about it.  Do what makes you feel beautiful and special!!
  • Options
    I'm thinking a tiara. It's a compromise between nothing and a veil.
  • Options

My hair is cut very, very short ... think Amber Rose.  I wore nothing in my hair.  My dress was floor length, sleeveless -- appropriate for black tie, even though H and the best men were the only gentlemen in tuxedos.

I did not wear a "bridal" gown or veil for my first wedding either.  The last time I wore a puffy white dress and a veil, I was in second grade, making my First Holy Communion.

I say wear what you want ... as long as the shoes kick ass.  Enjoy and have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards