Second Weddings
Options

FI's parents can't come to the wedding

My FMIL and FFIL aren't going to be able to come to the wedding.  I absolutely LOVE them and it just breaks my heart that they won't be here.  They want to be here so badly, but FFIL just had heart surgery and now he has a hernia and hydrocele.  He needs surgeries for both of these, but can't have the surgery for another year, because his heart doctor has him on a specific blood thinner because of the threat of blood clots in his heart.  He's in so much pain right now that it's hard for him to move and he definitely WON'T be able to make our wedding in five weeks.

They don't have a computer or internet, so we can't do a video chat during the wedding.

Is there anything else we can do to make them a part of our day?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: FI's parents can't come to the wedding

• Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh jeez, that is heartbreaking (no pun intended).  Do they have DVD/VCR?  Since they can't "participate" via Skype, the next best thing would be to have a tape made and send it to them as soon as possible.

Poor FFIL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would they be able to hear if you somehow miked the both of you and hooked the mike into a cell phone?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do they have a cell phone? You can download Skype or Tango on both cells to do a video chat. But also send them a DVD. You can make one easily on any computer (most comps come equipped with DVD software already or you can download online). I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sure they're so upset to not be able to attend. I'm guessing they live far away? I was going to say if they live near you/wedding location, it'd be nice to go there to say Hi in your attire.
  • Options
    prodigalgirlprodigalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Their cell phones are REALLY old school.  They've only just started texting.

And, they live in NC... wedding's in FL =(

The video thing is a good idea... just wish we could do more.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    hirvlinghirvling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a laptop? Or know anyone around them that has one with WIFI? that you know could go over there and let them watch it on Skype? That would be a better idea. I know public libraries allow you to use their computers.
  • Options
    mgd1121mgd1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where in NC? (that's where I'm from!)  Hmmm...do iPods get wifi and that kinda thing?  I don't know if you can broadcast to an iPhone via skype or something like that, but I think you can...it's an idea.

If they're close to Raleigh, let me know and I'll try to help you out!  (NC's a big state, but we can try!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards