Second Weddings
Options

Children on Invitation?

This is my first marriage, his second. He has two children whom I adore! I've been in their lives since they were 1 and 3, so this wedding is about us coming together as a family. All four of us are planning the wedding and the kids are really excited to be a part of it.

They will both be standing up with us during the ceremony. I plan to say a few short vows to them. They will be included in the father/daugher and mother/son dances. Etc.

I want to also include them on the invitation, but I am struggling with the wording. My parents are hosting. Both are divorced and remarried, so I was already considering "Together with their families". Any ideas on how to include the children?

I should also note that their mother is very much still a part of their lives, so at the same time I don't want to disrespect her.

Re: Children on Invitation?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Together with their families covers it.

Unless you are planng very informal invites.  I've seen "Billy and Betsy are very excited to invite you to be a part of their Daddy's wedding to Jules.blah blah"  To be honest - I don't love it.  ~Donna
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Together with their families covers it.

Ditto what Donna said.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, agreed.  That covers it.  FWIW, my 13 year old daugher wants to do a sand ceremony with my son and their new (to be) stepdad.  That's how we're marking our commitment as a family all together.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I like "together w/ their families" Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using "Together with their Families" as well. We are keeping the vows between us as our boys are teens and have a relationship with their other parents. Thier other parents are just as much family to the boys as we are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think "Together with their Families"  is perfect for the invitations.  If you would like to include them on the program, as I am doing here is one way.  This will appear on the cover of our programs.

The Marriage Ceremony uniting

Bride & Groom

and their children

Name, Name

Wedding date

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our invitation reads Ken & Ally (my kids) request the honour of your presence at the marriage of their mother....

HTH

Rae
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards