Second Weddings
Options

so surprised!

My sister (MOH) called me this morning to let me know that she and my other bridesmaids and closet friends were going to throw me a bridal shower!! I was so surprised - I did NOT expect it :D
I should go on to explain that for my first wedding: we got married through a civil service and it was really quick, there was not time for me to even pick a bridal party. 2 years later when we decided to be married by the catholic church - I was told that I probably would not get any shower because I had actually already been married (both times I never asked to have anything done - but I had secretly hoped for one).
So now for this time around, I am absolutely touched that they would do something for me. This realtionship with my FI is so different from my last marragie - I am a whole new person, so much happier than I ever thought I could be.... I just wanted to share this with someone, how truly happy I am. I had been reading some of the other posts on this board, and I feel here, I am with others that understand that sometimes you make mistakes in your life, but that allows you to truly appreciate the wonderful things too.
<3<3<3
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: so surprised!

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, that is SO thoughtful of them. Congrats on finding your perfect mate, and having such a fabulous bridal party. Enjoy it!
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great! I was somewhat surprised too when everyone was begging to throw me a bridal shower for my second marriage. I never got any of those things with my first marriage, but I figured I'd missed that opportunity. Have a good time at your shower! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards