Second Weddings

I found THE GOWN!

Hi Ladies,
I vowed I would lose weight and get in shape before shopping for a gown. That was my motivation to get in shape. I went through Weight Watchers and started working out. I've lost 20 lbs and lost 3 sizes. I'm short and have big boobs, so that doesn't make it easy to find something that looks good on you.

I looked a long time for a gown, I was looking for something appropriate for my age (53) venue (Estate Mansion) and affordable. I finally found "the one" . Our wedding will be at 4pm with coctails at 5 and dinner at 6. Dancing 7:30 -9:30, then it's over. I don't want the party to go on all night for my FI and I :) The gown is very expensive, but I found a seamstress to make it for a 3rd of the price.
 My camera date is wrong on the year, it is 2010.

Re: I found THE GOWN!

• edited December 2011
    THAT is a beautiful dress.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for sharing your joy with us! It is a beautiful gown, and totally appropriate for us "well seasoned" brides!

• edited December 2011
    That is gorgeous!  And props on finding someone to make it for less.  I also vowed to loose some weight, but have yet to start.  LOL  I better get on it, the hunt for the dress will not wait!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Rawr- are you getting married in September also? If so you are right , the hunt for the dress shouldn't wait.

• edited December 2011
    Wow...you look great.  I also wanted the right gown, but I knew exactly what I wanted.  I also am in my early 50's so I wanted to look fab but appropriate.  My dress is JCrew's Robin.  I got it on Ebay for $100...it currently sells on JCrew's website on sale for $250!

Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!   Your  gown is beautiful Latte!  Congrats to you as well.

Getting married as a 50ish woman, you don't want to look like a 50ish woman trying to look like a 20 something!!!

But I also wanted to feel bridal. This is my second marriage but my first wedding with guests and a reception......As the wedding approaches I find myself feeling so very happy. So excited to marry and spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful man I've ever met.
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that gown is gorgeous and it looks beautiful on you. Congrads on your weight loss. I found one I think that works for a 50ish woman too. Mine is Casblanca #1938.
  • edited December 2011
    Your gown is absolutely gorgeous!!!
     I am 42 and a widow but engaged to a wonderful man. I am just starting to look for a dress and am also short and in need of losing a few pounds. I just joined this site and have found it a wealth of information already. As this is a second marriage for both of us, I have no idea on the kind of dress is appropriate but according to many on here, anything goes.

Congratulations to you and wishing you and your fiance a lifetime of happiness.

• edited December 2011
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!  I know I'm yelling, but it's great to see that you look so fantastic!  Congrats on the dress and on the weight loss.  Spectacular!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards