Second Weddings

Florida Keys Wedding on the Beach

We are looking at getting married in November.  It will be a Beach Wedding with just the 2 of us.  I am researching the Keys for a nice Resort and wedding that is not way over our budget.  All we need is a nice Beach, a few pictures, and a Christian Ceremony.  Any ideas?  I am getting very frustated.  Every place I look will charge us over $1000. just for the wedding.  It will only be the two of us.  Help!

Re: Florida Keys Wedding on the Beach

• We used Center Court Key West (B& B) Rentals in Key West for our weddingmoon and ceremony, and got married on Smathers Beach 5 years ago.  If you're from out of state, there's no waiting period, and the license is $94.  (It may be more now, you'll want to check!)  We got our officiant assigned to us from the B & B, and it was 250, and then she also took pictures. The one below this post is one of those pictures.  If you stay somewhere else, they'll still get you an officiant, but it will cost more.   

You only need to be a notary in FL to perform the ceremony, but my experience is that the officiant will tailor the ceremony to fit your needs.  We wanted a pagan-centric ceremony, and by chance, the officiant they assigned to us was Pagan, so she got it--I sent her what I'd written, and she made some alterations to make it "read" better, and to fit the law (you have to declare you're fit to be married and can marry legally), but I'm sure they have Christian folks, too! 

You may have to pay more if you have flowers, (we didn't use any) or guests, etc.  I looked at Weddings-to-go in Key West, too, but we didn't want all the stuff that came with it, and that was well over $1000. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • rachillsk8rachillsk8 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I was in KW in June and there was a wedding going on in a small area on the beach at Fort Zachary Taylor. It was a beautiful spot. I took a pic of the setup, I will have to find and post it later. I'm not sure how much it cost. You should forego a train though, it's kind of a walk from parking and the poor bride was dragging her huge poofy dress through the park area.
  • Oh and if you want to skip the beach idea, there is a long pier by Southernmost point. That would be really cool.
  • Thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards