Second Weddings

Favors?

My fiance and I are getting married in September and we've both been married before. Since we are paying for it ourselves, we are trying to keep it simple and intimate. As a way to cut costs, we haven't given much thought to giving out favors.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this or if you have a super super cheap idea for favors. All in all, I think we'd rather go without the favors.

Re: Favors?

• Favors aren't needed. You can go without. Have the wedding you can afford, and forego the things that are not needed.
  • Skipped it altogether.  Its a wedding industry promoted "necessity", that isn't.  No one will miss a chocolate sweet or a cheap trinket that will get thrown away.  ~Donna

• I combined my favors with table numbers by having coasters/photo frames with their number in the frame.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Since our "cake" was actually boxed spicy truffles it served as both dessert and favors, plus we allowed people to box up the Mexican Wedding Cookies and Lemon and Lime coolers as well. 

We did not have formal favors.

• I did imprinted shot glasses. Real cheap from Etsy. 
    imageAnniversary
  • U can give decorative Henna candles.That looks elegant and classy too.I  know one who does Henna stuff.Her name is Jinal and her Email id is hennaartist6@gmail.com.
  • I just went to a wedding and they had nothing...no one even thought about it...or at least didnt say anything. 

We did kozzie's for my first wedding and they were fun and people still have them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are going to do CD favors with a mix of our favorite songs. Like a typical CD we will be making an insert that has the lyrics for each song and a story about why it has meaning to us. We have connected through music in such a profound way that we decided this was perfect for us to share our love and love for music with our guests.

I also don't think it is something that is a requirement either, but an option if you want it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards