Second Weddings

The wedding is in 4 days and...

... I'm SICK!!!!!  WTH!!!! Frown

I'm completely worn out, which is WHY I'm sick.  I think it's just a cold, but ugh.  And I have things to do EVERY NIGHT THIS WEEK:

MOH is flying in tonight from Atlanta with her daughters (my best friend of 28 years) and the folks at work want to 'celebrate' with me after work for a drink, tomorrow night is dinner with my MOH and another very close friend, Thursday night is an informal cookout with an old high school buddy and his family, and obviously Friday is rehearsal and Saturday is THE DAY.   AND I'm WORKING today, tomorrow, and Thursday.

MY MOH is also my parents' goddaughter so they remain fairly close and she is staying at their summer home with them (which is only 20 mins from our house) and I haven't seen her in a year so I want to spend time with her.

I guess I just need to get to bed early each night and take lots of vitamin C.  Any other suggestions??

Re: The wedding is in 4 days and...

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get some Emergen-C and double the dose.  Sleep as much as you can.  And congratulations - everything is going to turn out fine!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Rest, rest, rest and it sounds like that's something you just don't have time to do :(
  • edited December 2011
    There is not a way that you postpone some of these social gathering once you could be even sicker on your Big Day? I mean, they are your friends and will understand if something like this comes up four days before the wedding...stress can make you fragile and more exposed to illness...take care!
  • SueR13SueR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feel better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 112 Invited image 80 Joining the fun
    image 30 Missing out image 2 are total flakes
    RSVP Date 07/20/10
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there any way you can take vacation days away from work, or sick days? Save your energy?

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Sleep if you can!  And green tea.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would suggest postponing the after-work celebrations -- just tell folks you're sick.  Drink a ga-zillion glasses of water each day and eat the healthiest foods you can.  And, as PP have recommended ... get rest.

4 days to go!  Yee ha!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

• AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would skip WORK and keep the after-work parties! ha!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that sucks!  BUT 4 DAYS!!!! YAY!!!!   I like skipping work and going to the parties!  Drink a lot of OJ, that really helped me last time I was sick.

Congratulations!  Enjoy your day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KRN726KRN726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely do not go into work! You won't regret it! lol
  • edited December 2011
    You have probably stressed your self sick....relax
  • edited December 2011
    Don't go to work if you have that luxury! And definitely stay away from alcohol at the parties! Rest and drink tons of water! Only 4 days away! wow! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards