Second Weddings
Options

Family friendly destination wedding???

We are planning a beach wedding in April or May 2012 and want to include his 3 kids (14,9, and 7) and my 2 (14 and 15) . We aren't locked into any particular location. We live in the Northeast, and our only requirements are that it be a destination we can reasonably get to for a 3 day weekend and that it is a family-friendly resort.

Does anyone have any ideas, preferably based upon experience???

Re: Family friendly destination wedding???

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may wish to ask this on the Destination Wedding board, or go over the The Nest and ask about family friendly locations in the NorthEast.  I grew up in the Boston area, so immediately I think of Cape Cod.  However, I haven't lived there in years, and do not recall and "resorts" that fit your description.

The alternative would be to rent a large house for the weekend, to accomodate several families. I've done that before on the cape, and it's been lots of fun. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_family-friendly-destination-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:3bd0ba85-94fe-4fa9-81b1-ab2061c12144Post:abf6e63f-7c6f-463b-aadf-eed52afd3f34">Re: Family friendly destination wedding???</a>:
    [QUOTE]North Carolina's Outer Banks Charleston (wonderful historic home tours, aquarium, etc) Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Florida
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Drat.  Retread beat me to it!

:) 

All of these are great places for families!
  • Options
    awayagainawayagain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Virginia Beach
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas. We were considering Hilton Head, Bermuda and Florida. If anyone has a favorite beach in Fla I'd love to hear about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married in April 2012 in Key West. Like you, we wanted somewhere that would be fun for the kids as well as the adults. Our kids are 17, 16 and 14.
    There are so many beautiful beach resorts in Florida. I hope you find the perfect destination! Good luck!
  • Options
    pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a lovely place for destination weddings:

http://www.southseas.com/meetings_and_weddings/locations.cfm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards