FFF

Let it rip ladies!

My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: FFF

• Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i flame that i'm here at work right now...and there's THREE other cars in the parking garage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Think you can call me a b*tch on FB and I won't see it?  Thank you for giving me another reason to give your wedding invite to someone else!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:818922c8-0394-48bf-bc0a-6c9183d3851a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get em Lauren!
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL it's FI's sister... he's never had a great relationship with her and that just sent him (and me) over the edge.  And for what? Because we (with my brother) gave my parents a new tv for Christmas.  At least now I don't have to pretend to be nice to her anymore :)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren that sucks!  I don't know why some people just can't be nice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because the world is filled with hateful people...which I also flame!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RAWR Lauren!

I'm at work too. And I would rather still be in bed. I am physically drained at this point.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:7254cf19-e038-44a4-a607-63e8e0a62053">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]RAWR Lauren! I'm at work too. And I would rather still be in bed. I am physically drained at this point.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

Me too! I flame this week. People (guys and girls) must all be PMSing this week cus it's really showing! Griping at me cus lines are too long, customers fighting with eachother, people griping at me because they have no reciept, people griping at me because we have no inventory and no one has their size anywhere in DFW. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    arlenejohnarlenejohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also at work. Wish I was ANYWHERE else. Happy New Year!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:299b31a9-66a2-4f6f-aa5c-55c5a84b6ab4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because the world is filled with hateful people...which I also flame!

<div>Very hateful people!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I flame having to work today!  Hopefully the day will fly by
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:af62d83a-2107-48d4-b829-7760dd1333f5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE] no one has their size anywhere in DFW. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

I have this problem. i think I must be a common size cause NY&Co was out of so much of the stuff I wanted in my size on Monday. But it was not worth getting upset over. I'm sorry you have to deal with that
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:166a0ff9-eb37-47bc-bd29-e8b8e2692f0d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I have this problem. i think I must be a common size cause NY&Co was out of so much of the stuff I wanted in my size on Monday. But it was not worth getting upset over. I'm sorry you have to deal with that

which location did you go to?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no one has my size anywhere, lol. But it's been that way practically my whole life...so I never get up set. And I've worked retail before, so I try to be as nice to the people in a store as possible. HOWEVER, I do get upset when I make an effort to be extremely nice and curtious...and then get verbally slapped in the face by a disgruntled employee.

And today, I shall also flame the idiots in this society. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:53a93b0a-8d74-4164-a910-1e779c59c1db">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : which location did you go to?
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

Willowbend. The only other one near me is Valley View and I tend to avoid that mall.

Ashlee, I'm like you when it comes to dining out since I'm in the hospitality industry. Nothing upsets me more than a waiter with an attitude. I tend to overtip in most situations but I've also been known to leave a remark about the lack of service in the tip line instead. Waiters in NYC crack me up cause they EXPECT you to tip and act very entitled up there.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashlee - your cat siggy is driving me CRAZY!  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wendi - I'm the EXACT way, and i've turned my fiance that way as well...however he makes fun of me everytime i leave a note on the reciept saying "Thanks (waiters name)". I think it's nice when people take a minute to acknowledge the fact that YOU, a waiter, has a name as well.

Lacey - I can take it down :) lol. I mostly just sit here and stare at it out of boredom. HAHA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:fd96d66e-d071-43b3-982e-36a067452a63">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wendi - I'm the EXACT way, and i've turned my fiance that way as well...however he makes fun of me everytime i leave a note on the reciept saying "Thanks (waiters name)". I think it's nice when people take a minute to acknowledge the fact that YOU, a waiter, has a name as well. 

<div>As long as that note has a good tip to go with it as well.  I don't mean to sound greedy, but as a server I get comments like, "You were the best waitress we've ever had!" and "Thank you for giving us good service" a lot.  Then the tip is less than 10%!!  If the service was great then how come it is not reflected in my tip?  I can't pay rent with nice comments.  They are very refreshing, but I am making $2.13 an hour so I rely on my tips to pay my bills.  Now if the service was bad, then I believe its ok to leave a note about how the waiter sucked or leave a bad tip.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:bb78692b-496c-43e0-a8fa-1c223ef7ff00">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : As long as that note has a good tip to go with it as well.  I don't mean to sound greedy, but as a server I get comments like, "You were the best waitress we've ever had!" and "Thank you for giving us good service" a lot.  Then the tip is less than 10%!!  If the service was great then how come it is not reflected in my tip?  I can't pay rent with nice comments.  They are very refreshing, but I am making $2.13 an hour so I rely on my tips to pay my bills.  Now if the service was bad, then I believe its ok to leave a note about how the waiter sucked or leave a bad tip.
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]

Oh if I leave a nice note, you better believe they are getting a very nice tip to go with it.

Working in the group sales side of things, I get so agitated when people ask why grat for their group of 10+ is automatic (much like any other restaurant where your walk-in group of 6+ is subject to grat.) I've seen so many of my best servers get screwed over when our ops managers give them the option to auto-grat or not. When I do a contract, your F&B is subject to 18% grat, period end of story. The only reason that would be waived is if service was just flat out horrible, and that would be addressed AFTER the fact.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My rule of thumb (generally) is double the tax and round up to the nearest whole dollar. Thats for places that the service is more just fill our drinks and what not...

nicer resturants or when the waiters are nicer than usual...usually get more. Or if i feel bad haha, we went to a resturant on a friday night. Mexican, and we were two of four people there. Apparently they had been slow all night, and the other couple only ordered drinks. We only ordered 3 side dishes...so on a $20 bill i think we left like $8....lol.

ETA: yeah wendi, that's another thing...if we have a larger party...and 4-5 for me is "larger" we usually all tip generously...i think it's just flat out courtious
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *head hit desk*

I flame the fact that some people...at just flat out stupid. And it gives me a headache.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had to explain to my boss what "over the hill" means. He got 40 OTH birthday bags for new years favors LMAO
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame all the people that don't even know me for making comments about me getting married at 19. Like waiting till I'm 20 is gonna be so much better? Not. You don't know anything about me or my fiance so keep your opinions to yourself and stop being jerks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:db183390-bdce-482e-a690-ea9b6f276cbfPost:9224d5ae-8910-4035-a131-d7ff08899365">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Willowbend. The only other one near me is Valley View and I tend to avoid that mall. Ashlee, I'm like you when it comes to dining out since I'm in the hospitality industry. Nothing upsets me more than a waiter with an attitude. I tend to overtip in most situations but I've also been known to leave a remark about the lack of service in the tip line instead. Waiters in NYC crack me up cause they EXPECT you to tip and act very entitled up there.

It closed at Valley View. I work not too far from WIllowbend. I've passed that mall when I had to go to Collin Creek-it looks big!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame animated sigs. Sorry! I know some people like them but they're annoying--I just scroll through them as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since my brother worked in the service industry, we started tipping more.  I generally tip at least 20%.  However, if I can't even get a refill for water, it usually goes down. 

When I worked retail while still in HS, I was called a lazy white girl by a lady because she didn't like how I was folding her clothes.  She said that I must have never had to fold before.  Yeah, I'd been folding since I was four years old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards