Second Weddings
Options

Wow, my mom's reaction...

I told my mom last night that I'm engaged again. I feel like a damn fool talking to people in my life about it, since I was engaged once when I was 19 (I called that off before any money was spent on anything) and then obviously again before I got married when I was 23. I didn't expect my mom to be awful to me this time or anything but her response just completely shocked me.

... She was freaking overjoyed. Waaay more excited than last time. Offered to help pay for the wedding, had me hand the phone to FI so she could welcome him to the family, was just generally jubilant and super supportive. My dad was happy too. No skepticism from either of them, just unreserved joy.

I'm in shock. It's awesome.
"I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"

Re: Wow, my mom's reaction...

• Options
    Congrats! That's a great feeling! My parents reacted the same way when I announced my engagment this past weekend! YAY!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    Gongratulations!!!  That is such a nice feeling!! Yay!!!

• Options
    Fantastic news!  Congratulations.
  • Options
    I've been divorced for 18 year from a man that my family didn't care much for, but who was always supportive of. They know better at the time and I didn't listen to my gut feelings, but that's over and done. Now I'm marrying truly the man of my dreams. My siblings and friends all love him, as do my adult children my parents are long gone, and their excitement is a wonder to behold! Feels so good, doesn't it!
  • Options
    Congratulations!! What a wonderful feeling! My parents were overjoyed as well - a far cry from when my ex asked for my hand in marriage & my father threatened to kill him.  Ha! It's so much nicer to be in a relationship where everyone in your support system is happy for you, isn't it? Smile
  • Options
    After I talked to my parents, I told my aunt and my siblings. My sister has stayed at our house this summer and she's the one who has seen us interact as a couple in our home the most, so her opinion means a lot to me. She was even more excited than my parents, and is really excited to participate in the wedding too. So happy!
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards