Second Weddings
Options

Ex Grandma in-law?

My fiance's ex wife doesn't live close by, but her grandmother does.  So, my fiance has always made the effort to bring his son by to visit with his great-grandmother.  I'm in contact with her quite a bit and she is the sweetest lady.  She gives my son gifts for his birthday, Easter, etc.  I asked my FI if he planned on inviting her to our wedding and he said "no."  I can see where it could be inappropriate, but I just don't want to be rude. She has been very good to us.  It will be hard not to mention our wedding and such....any advice?

Re: Ex Grandma in-law?

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

If she supports you and your FIs marriage, than there's no reason why you shouldn't invite her.  The wedding is a celebration - if she'll celebrate with you, and you care about her - than bring her along.

Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with what your FI prefers, since this is a relationship with a family member of his ex-wife's.  He must have a good reason, don't you think?
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited my ex-husband to our wedding--and he attended.  If you have people who care about you, I see no reason to leave them out of the wedding because of their prior relationship.

At the same time, I think this one has to be your FI's call.  If he would be uncomfortable having her there, you'll need to respect that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your Fi may feel that it is disrespectful to YOU.  Have the conversation with him, and let him know that you are ok with it, if he wants it.  Then I think the next conversation is with her.  She may want to love and have a arelationship with her g-grandchild, but may feel that attending an event like your wedding would be an affront to her granddaughter.  ~Donna
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk with your FI get his take on the situation and if he's worried about your feelings you can tell him that it's okay with you if she attends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards