Second Weddings
Options

Giovannoi's Bridals in Antioch TN.... DO NOT USE!

Greetings ,

As you may remember I ordered a dress on line from the above vendor. She took 17 weeks to deliver a dress that looked nothing like I ordered It was extremely shody workmanship. She told me in e mail if I followed the rules for returning the dress she would refund my money. I returned the dress according to her rules.

After many e mails with no response at all about my refund, AND after I saw she was reselling my dress on her website, I decided to take legal action against her.

Since my Husband and I were driving to HH Island for the honeymoon and planning on staying in TN the first night, I called the small claims court in Davidson County to request Sept 13th as the date for my lawsuit. It was granted and I paid 102 bucks to have her served a warrent to appear in court.

She did not appear for the court case so I won my case by default. I doubt she will pay me. It was great because we were out of court by 9:30am and on our way to Hilton Head.

I am going to do everything possible to get her to pay, including putting a lein on her property with the county assessors office.

Had she paid in the first place she only would have paid $420. Now she has to pay $630.

Re: Giovannoi's Bridals in Antioch TN.... DO NOT USE!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bravo!! Hell hath no fury like a SW bride whose dress is messed up!  ~Donna
  • Options
    LindaN21LindaN21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too funny Donna!!  So true though!!!  Hope you get your refund!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on winning your case!!  Thank you for the update and I hope you get your money! 
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    :(  Rats!  I thought you were going to pay the gals a personal visit.  I was looking forward to gore and bloodshed LOL
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yo, you want i should go bust some knees?  (say it in your best Soprano's accent)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are too funny :)  Stephanie, I'm proud of you for going after her.  Sometimes it's not just the money, but, the principle behind it. 

Congratulations on winning the case.  Only good things from here on out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for the chuckles and support. To me it was about the principle. I'm sure she's ripped people off all over the country but no one wants to spend the money to travel to sue her in her county. It worked out that I was able to sue her easily because of our travel plans for our honeymoon.

She never e mailed me or called me after I returned the gown, she just ignored me. When she put it up for sale on her website I was infuriated.

I wrote her and e mail last night telling her I was going to tell my TRUE STORY all over every major wedding website if she didn't promptly pay me.

Well that got her attention because she sent me a very absurd e mail stating she wasn't Giovonnais Bridal and a bunch of other BULL. She said she knew nothing about the lawsuit. Really? Then why did the sheriffs office serve you a warrent to appear in court at your home? I verified this with the court system ahead of time that you were served.

She stated if she had a judgement against her she would contersue. (ummm for what?) I told her she had her chance to countersue and she didn't show up in court. I also told her I called her and e mailed her I was going to sue her so why was she so surprised I sued?

I also told her I sued her personally, not GBB. If she let me know the real owners name I will be happy to sue them too. 

My final statement was this:  Pay me what the "Davidson County Court ORDERED you to pay me NOW".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA I am totally reading this late but wow that is amazing! How wonderful for you!!!! Glad you finally got some justice although who knows if she will ever pay but now you have legal recourse!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards