Second Weddings

25 year vow renewal

On July 2, 2013 my parents will be married for 25 years. I someday wish to find the love that they have for each other. My siblings and I have planned a destination vow renewal ceremony in Belize. We are looking for unique ceremony ideas for the newly re-married couple. Since the vow renewal ceremony isn’t as long as a normal ceremony, we are looking to bring a little originality into it. for example, lighting of candles, pouring of unity sand. We are looking for suggestions. We don’t know if we should have chairs or have everyone stand, shoes or no shoes. Everything is pretty much up in the air. Help us!

Re: 25 year vow renewal

• edited January 2013
    Talk to the venue's event coordinator.  They will have organized many weddings, and can give you an idea about what is typically done.  Their job is to steer you in the right direction.  If they give you an idea that you are concerned about, bouncing it off of us is a good way to gauge it. 

ETA:  Congratulations! to your parents! 
    ~Donna
  • Definitely have chairs!

I guess this isn't a ceremony suggestion, per se, but you can have put together really nice custom photo albums with one of the online scrapbooking sites, and then have it printed in a hardback book.  You could make it "their story" -- photos from their courtship, wedding, important family milestones, etc. 
  • There's a lot of ideas in other posts on the Customs and Traditions, and Ceremony ideas boards, that can be adapted to a vow renewal.  Just browse through those.  I'm not particularly fond of the candle or sand thing, because they always just seem like filler.   Can you think of something that would be especially meaningful to the, if they're of a certain faith, or ancestry?  Lots of couples of Celtic origin use some of those older traditions, for example.  Just a thought. 

Congrats to them!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Have you asked them what they might want to do?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards