Second Weddings

Veil or no veil?

I am getting married for the second time and wondering whether to wear a veil for the ceremony or not.  The wedding itself is VERY small and simple - 20 or less guests in our backyard, with our 3 kids as the attendants.  I love veils for the blusher effect during the ceremony, but are they lame to have at a 2nd wedding??

Re: Veil or no veil?

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Veils are no more lame (your word, not mine) at a second wedding than at a first.  OK, now doesn't that sound ridiculous?  Yes, it does.  It's almost as ridiculous as the suggestion a second wedding is not an occasion for a veil.  *sarcasm font*
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    If you want to wear a veil, then wear one:-)   There's no reason NOT to wear one for a second wedding.  
    DSC_9275
  • I'm wearing one. I didn't wear one the first time. 

There's no set rules anymore. No one is going to pop out of the trees and snatch the veil off your head for wearing it. Go for it :)
  • When I married the first time I had been living with my then fiance for a year and my family told me that wearing one would be in poor taste (I was 21 so I didn't fight them).  I got stuck with a headpiece that screamed 80's and BAD TASTE! 

Fast forward to my second marriage 2 years ago.  We were married on a hilltop in St. Lucia. I wore a 12' long veil at a ceremony where it was just my now husband and me.

You want to wear it, then wear it!  
  • I'm not wearing one, but not because it's my second wedding.  I say, if that's the look you want, then that's what you should wear.  :)
  • If you want to wear one, go for it.  I'm not, but it's just because it's not the look I want.  Nothing to do with second wedding.  :-)
  • Thanks everyone!  I guess there really are no rules anymore... I took off the veil at my first reception and will do the same after the ceremony this time around, but like I said love the blusher look so I guess I will go for it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards