Second Weddings
Options

2nd wedding dress

This is my second wedding, his first.  We are doing a smaller ceremony with family only and then a reception open to friends and others.  I don't foresee wearing a wedding dress per se this time around, any suggestions on what is acceptable or things others might have done?

Thanks!

Re: 2nd wedding dress

• Options
    What is acceptable is whatever you want to wear.  There is no objection to wearing a standard wedding dress, even if you are on your second (or subsequent) marriage.  At the same time, even a first-time bride doesn't have to wear a standard wedding dress in white or ivory.  Just choose something that makes you feel beautiful!
  • Options
    Kris - I'm having the same problem. Someone on another board suggested looking at MOB dresses or special occassion dresses. I looked at some MOID dresses and SOME of them are possibilities since I'm not concerned about wearing white. Hope this helps.
    Rebecca
  • Options
    Kris, I agree with the other posts: wear what you want, you are the bride, and any and all options are available to you. Look into what is called "Destination wedding dresses", which tend to be a bit less formal, but "bride appropriate" for first or subsequent weddings.
  • Options
    Find a dress you like and feel good in and go with it. It does not have to be a "Wedding" dress and it does not have to be white if it is your first or 15th marraige ... I found a dress I loved and a friend is making it for me in a pale purple that goes with the black of the bridesmaid dresses and the eggplant of the flower girl dresses ... The biggest part of "the dress" is that you feel beautiful in it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    I found my second wedding dress in the bridesmaid section!  No train and it was less expensive.  It is my fiances first wedding so I wanted it to be semi fomal, but this one is perfect. 

Wear what makes you feel like the bride!
  • Options
    There are some lovely destination wedding gowns or informal wedding gowns. Informals by Venus, Voyage by Mori Lee, Ann Taylor are some to name a few.

This is my 2nd marriage, and FI's first.  I did not have a wedding dress the first time (wore a brown skirt), so better believe I got a dress this time around!  A real deal Casablanca!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards