Second Weddings

Birthday Wedding

Greetings;

My finace wants to marry on his birthday. I explain to him that wouldn't be fair to him, cause birthday's and anniversaies should be seperate. He thinks it's a grand idea! How in the world would I (bride to be) pull this off? Just saying, any thoughts?

Re: Birthday Wedding

• I myself wouldnt want that. I would want to seperate the celebrations.
  • My inlaws were married on my MIL's birthday they did things for their anniversary and her birthday. Sometimes they celebrated their anniversary a couple of days earliy sometimes not.  The sad part is my FIL passed away two years ago and now my MIL's birthday is just her birthday and no longer her anniversary. 
  • I'm not sure I get the concern over "pulling this off" if he is suggesting it? Perhaps during the reception you can have a special mini cake brought out just for his birthday.

• He's suggesting his birthday so he never forgets the date of your anniversary.  Just sayin' . . .
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Handfast, you are a GENIUS!  (and so is he)

OP, you pull this off by planning the wedding on the date that corresponds with the day he was born.  Then every year thereafter, you buy him one present and tell him it's for his birthday AND for your anniversary.  Voila!
  • There's an old wive's tale that if you get married on the day you're born you'll die on the day you're born. I'm not superstitious but who wants that hanging over their head? 
  • You don't "pull this off."   If he wants to get married on his birthday and your only objection is that your anniversary will be celebrated on the same day, do it.  I cannot imagine why you are getting yourself in such a twist.  Chillax.
  • Hah!  Thanks Donna, It was the first thing I thought of; I think I'm not a genius, just as devious as is her "finace."   
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I say go for it!  My 50th birthday is on December 22 and my fiancé and I are planning to surprise 150 of our closest friends and family by getting married at my birthday party.  We are having a blast planning it and the holidays will be extra special this year.  I think getting a husband for my birthday is the best gift I can receive and I bet your fiancé feels the same way!
  • Re the old wive's tale - I don't think that would be so bad.  That means you only have to worry about death one day out of the year, instead of the full 365 days.  So if you make it, you can relax for a while.
  • Chungasgirl

You shed some important light! Those was his words exactly, the Best Birthday gift he can every have is me for his Wife!

Thank you.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_birthday-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:5d778e01-e9ab-4bb4-8829-b77bb5e9b597Post:a994b6f0-64da-4b83-85fb-4f4d3a5be8ae">Re: Birthday Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say go for it!  My 50th birthday is on December 22 and my fiancé and I are planning to surprise 150 of our closest friends and family by getting married at my birthday party.  We are having a blast planning it and the holidays will be extra special this year.  I think getting a husband for my birthday is the best gift I can receive and I bet your fiancé feels the same way!
    Posted by CHUNGASGIRL[/QUOTE]
  • I was married on my 56th birthday.  I don't really see the problem.
  • My mom got married on her birthday, it was also Easter weekend. They did it that way because it was a long weekend and they would be in their hometown where both their families live. If he doesn't care, what difference does it make? It's not your birthday...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards